Albino bristlenose says hi

Hmmm...what else can I say!
albino bristlenose

Albino bristlenose says hi

Post by albino bristlenose »

Hi everyone, he is a little about myself;
I am 42 and live in Calgary Alberta, Canada.
I have had freshwater tanks for 17 yrs. now, it consists of 1700 gal. of fresh and 500 gal. of reef. I have bred alot of tang. and Malawi cichlids with good results, I think because our water is very similiar to African waters.
My high light for breeding so far has been syno. multipunctatus and cyprichomis species. I am know looking to try to breed the holy grail of plecos (L46 Zebra). I like to try to do things right the first time, so I have been educating myself on different breeding tech. about this treasured pleco for some time, realizing that different things work well for some and not others.
I would like to obtain a group and try a go at them. I believe it would be best to get less mature zebras and grow them out to obtain my colony as they would be settled and be more harmonous with each other, not to mention less expensive.
The posts that I have read are very educational and in most cases well documented, and am very appreciative to all.
I will be looking for some stock in the near future, and hopefully be able to obtain on this side of the pond, but ??
Thanks for reading and good luck to all.
Mark Cunningahm (42), son Codyn(9), son Quaid (7) and Suzn (will get in trouble, so not saying)
bonsai
Obsessed!!

Post by bonsai »

Welcome albion, look forward to hearing more from you!
These are beautiful little babes!
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

Welcome- you landed in the right place for finding zebras as well as all the help you could want on spawning them.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
John

Post by John »

Welcome albino bristlenose :)
Greetings,
John
[img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x276/hypancistrus-zebra/half.gif[/img]
albino bristlenose

Post by albino bristlenose »

Thanks guys, sounds like this is the right place at the right time (wish I could say that more often, lol).
Thanks for the greetings and will definitely be on the site, annoyingly picking your brains, if that's OK.
If I can offer any insight on other freshwater breeding please don't hesitate to inquire.
Thanks for the warm greeting again, and see you on the site.
A Canadian thanks,
Mark
kingfisher
Site Admin

Post by kingfisher »

Welcome to our home, AB :)

Inquire all you want. We have some knowledgeable people here and we work for a good cause.
[url=http://www.alpakka.org][i]Alpacas FTW![/i][/url]