i want a zebra

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

smitt76

i want a zebra

Post by smitt76 »

hi its a long question but i want to get it right before i start.
1.would it be ok to have a zebra as my first fish,
2.How long a fishless cycle would you recommend i keep getting different ansewers
3.What is a good size tank for the zebra, i was thinking about 75l.but would it be better a longer tank than a taller tank.
4.what other fish would be good to go with it.
5.i have done a bit of research on plecs and i know they out grow there tank unless you have a huge one. Am i wright in saying zebra doesnt grow that big.
i said there was a few but would be grateful of replys cheers
graham
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

Q. would it be ok to have a zebra as my first fish
A: No, not really.

Q. How long a fishless cycle would you recommend i keep getting different ansewers
A: Until its done. That means ammonia spikes and drops to 0, Nitrite spikes and drops to 0 and Nitrates are present. The time involved depends on whether you have cycled media/gravel to help jump start the process and if you use live plants..

Q. What is a good size tank for the zebra, i was thinking about 75l.but would it be better a longer tank than a taller tank.
A: A single zebra would be fine in a 10 gal tank, or smaller even.

Q. what other fish would be good to go with it.
A: Other zebras

Q. i have done a bit of research on plecs and i know they out grow there tank unless you have a huge one. Am i wright in saying zebra doesnt grow that big.
A: They max out at about 4 inches.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.