Male zeb has died

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

Jo's Zebs

Male zeb has died

Post by Jo's Zebs »

I have just found one of my adult males dead. He was upside down in his cave. He was 6 years plus wild caught. I am gutted.
:cry: :cry: :cry:
I was just doing a water change and I lifted the top off his cave and there he was dead. I saw him last night out and about in the tank with the other zebs.
He had no signs of illness on him and looked quite normal but stiff and dead.
I have tested the water it is all fine. I feel really sad it has been a really bad weekend I thought it could'nt get worse it just has.
He is the one on top of the cave in the picture his name was Jonny Mo
L number plecos and pleco products worldwide delivery www.rareaquatics.co.uk
crazie.eddie
Obsessed!!

Post by crazie.eddie »

Sorry to hear about the loss. I hope it wasn't a dominant male.
John

Post by John »

Sorry for your loss Jo :(
Greetings,
John
[img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x276/hypancistrus-zebra/half.gif[/img]
smithrc

Post by smithrc »

Its heart breaking when it happens - I dont mind so much if I've seen it soming and have tried to stop it - or if there is somehting to indicate what happened - but its so annoying when you have nothing to go on...

Dount give up - we lost one of our wild adults and sold another - it wa only then that they started to breed.
Click For Our Plecs
[url=http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/gallery/plecs][img]http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/assorted/PlecSig_sm.jpg[/img][/url]
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

Sorry Jo. Having lost both adults and fry over the years I know how you feel. Just bear in mind that sometimes fish do die suddenly from heart attack, stroke etc. There is no way to know in advance such things are coming.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
Jo's Zebs

Post by Jo's Zebs »

Thanks I have been stressing over them all night I keep looking to see if the others are Ok. I had 6 adult males in total so I suppose its not total disaster.
When you think I suppose he could of had a heart attack or something like that if people die this way a fishes organs can give up the same.
Nick reckons he could of been really old when he was wild caught. I know this sounds quite sad but it is kind of reasuring to hear that other people have lost adult fish with no obvoius reason.
L number plecos and pleco products worldwide delivery www.rareaquatics.co.uk
Plastic Mac
Mentally Certified!

Post by Plastic Mac »

Sorry to hear about your loss Jo, that's never a nice thing to happen. :cry:

Plastic Mac