best way to move zebs

If it's about fish in general, or it's a little bit random, then this is the place to post it.
civicr
Obsessed!!

best way to move zebs

Post by civicr »

im away to move house in a few weeks what would you suggest is the best way to move zebs?i was going to bag them up them put them in a polistrine box to move 5mins up the road bout prob will take a few hours to move tank then set up again.

could i keep the zebs and put them in a plastic box"like a storage container" for a few hours with a lid on it it would save having to lift the zebs twince b4 the move.

alos what is the best way to catch the zebs and shouls i move them with a net or catch with my hand how could i handle them?

thanks

also 1 last question how long can my canisterfilter survive i recon it will be off for 2-3 hours maybe
John

Post by John »

Hey ryan,

Put your zebs in a coolerbox like this:

As you transport the fish keep it halfway filled with water and take some extra water to fill it for 3 quarter when you arrive.
As you arrive plug in the heater and put it in the box, you can also let the filter run in the box.
Put a air stone in the box for oxygen.
Now you can set up your tank without having to rush anything :wink:
Just check the temp now and then.

You can not leave your filter off for longer then 10 minutes without bacteria in it getting killed.
If you should leave the filter off for several hours i suggest you start with clean filtermedia.

Good luck
Greetings,
John
[img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x276/hypancistrus-zebra/half.gif[/img]
Jo's Zebs

Post by Jo's Zebs »

What a great idea I would never of thought of using a cooler box I bet they keep the heat in really well. If I ever have to transport zebs in my car I will use on of them in the future far better than a bucket with a lid.
Top tip there John
L number plecos and pleco products worldwide delivery www.rareaquatics.co.uk
John

Post by John »

:oops: thanks

If you have to take a really long trip you can even take a powerconverter to plug in your cigarettelighter and connect a 50watt heater and a 5 watt small airpump with airstone.
This way you are 100% safe during a long trip.
Greetings,
John
[img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x276/hypancistrus-zebra/half.gif[/img]