zebra pleco information needed plz

If it's about fish in general, or it's a little bit random, then this is the place to post it.
steflo46

zebra pleco information needed plz

Post by steflo46 »

my zebra pleco is an inch long i have had the fish a week now and still havent
seen him eat yet is this normal.
rickylbc
Groupie

Post by rickylbc »

There's ton of information here, just do a search. :wink:
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Make sure you feed before lights out. Zebras mainly come out at night to feed, and especially if the fish is new to the tank it might take some time before he ventures out during daytime.

As he gets more comfortable you might want to feed when the lights are on to encourage the fish to get used to coming out in the light as well. Keep an eye on him and I'm sure you'll find that the he does indeed eat, depending on what other fish you keep with him?
steflo46

Post by steflo46 »

i am feeding the zebra fozen bloodworm cat fish pellets and frozen brimeshrimp and micro worms. is there anything else you can suggest to feed him. his tank mates are 2 male cherry barbs 3 female cherry barbs. 2 small clownloach and 5 panda corydoras. do you think they are ideal tankmates.
John

Post by John »

Hi steflo46,

I would not feed frozen bloodworm unless you chop it to small pieces , a 1 inch zeb can choke on a bloodworm.
The tankmates you mention are far from ideal, especially the clown loaches are way to much competition for a 1 inch zeb.
Greetings,
John
[img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x276/hypancistrus-zebra/half.gif[/img]
steflo46

Post by steflo46 »

any suggestions on what is best to feed my zebra plec
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Hi, I have removed your avatar, it was way too big. It's not suppsed to be possible to use such a large avatar, so we'll have a look at why it was allowed in your case.

There are several suggestions as to what to feed your zeb on the board, use the search function and you'll find more info than anyone can put in just one reply ;)

And do a search on clown loaches as well, plenty of info on why you shouldn't keep them with Zebras.