This is the tank with the zebs!

Pretty much explains itself really. If you have questions about tank set-ups, tank furniture, (caves etc) chuck them in here!

bonsai
Obsessed!!

This is the tank with the zebs!

Post by bonsai »

Hi guys, here's a picture of the tank with the zebs in. Can anyone Please tell me the best position to put the caves? Or if anyone has any other tips, I'd be VERY grateful!
These are beautiful little babes!
John

Post by John »

I would replace the big rocks for some smaller rock formations, place the caves in those rock formations that way the zebs feel more secure to come out "under cover" of the rock formation.
Also a female can take place "under cover" next to a male's cave.
Greetings,
John
[img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x276/hypancistrus-zebra/half.gif[/img]
chanettt
Obsessed!!

Post by chanettt »

i personally put all my caves under the flat slate. i think it creats shadow as my zebras love to stay under the shadow. i put them in the direction that water flow pass the entranse of the caves. if the zebras don't like it, i will rearange and wait a couple day for the feed back until all zebs move in.
bonsai
Obsessed!!

Updated info on Zebs!

Post by bonsai »

I've been asked a couple of times the size of them, well the answer (they might have grown a little since the photo was taken) look about an inch or so in length. Here's a couple photo's of them that got me interested in breeding!
flip1987
Groupie

Post by flip1987 »

They look bigger than an inch to me bonsai :)
bonsai
Obsessed!!

Post by bonsai »

Hi guys, I've just been corrected by my Dad :oops: (and he should know the size of them as he gets a better view of them when doing water-changes) he says that the big females are about 3 inches and the babies are only 1 :roll:
stanchung
Forum Follower

Post by stanchung »

I get a kick everytime I see these fellas. They really have the cute factor maxed. :P :lol:

Good luck on your breeding program Bonsai!
Regards

Stan