Tank size ok?

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

smilezz

Tank size ok?

Post by smilezz »

Hi All,

I've setup a tank which is basically a standard 2 foot tank (2x1x1) approx 50 litres. Is this big enough for a pair of zebs?

What kind of power head or canister should i be looking for as in the numbers of LP/H for this tank size? I believe the tank turn over should be around 6-20 times an hour?
Last edited by smilezz on Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Hi,

50L should be enough to keep 2 Zebras, but keep up the maintanance as Nitrates would easily build up fast in such a small tank.

You find the turnoverrate by dividing the tanks capacity with your pumps capacity. for example: 400 gph pump divided by 30gallon tank (400 divided by 30) = turnoverrate of 13,3 gph
smilezz

Post by smilezz »

Thanks for the info Mceve.

One last thing, as a breeding tank, is the 50 litre still ok or should i put them into a 120 litre tank?

I've only got these 2 zebs which i hope they're a confirm male and female.

CHeers.
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

A 120L is easier to maintain. If you have one there's no reason not to move them there :)