just a little help

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

*chris*

just a little help

Post by *chris* »

well its more of comparing i have 2 zebbies in a tnak with 4 L333s and 4 inspecters
my zebbies seem to be growing but they never seem to have full stomachs . well they never seem to have that round look to them that the other LS get when they have munched down some food
they are around 5cm and seeing as they cost me a small fortune i was of course worried that they were not gettign enough food although there is plenty of food left over after feedings
any comparison or comments would be muchly appreciated
cheers
chris
John

Post by John »

Chris,

I think the L333 and L201 are far more agressive then the zebs and therefore i wouldn't keep zebs together with them.
A zeb can't compete with those over space or food.
A species only tank is the best solution, try to separate the zebs some time and see how this works out...

Good luck
Greetings,
John
[img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x276/hypancistrus-zebra/half.gif[/img]
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

what John said, and also - I wouldn't keep different Hypancistrus together as there is interbreeding has happened before.

Difficult enough to keep track of the species occuring naturally without adding hybrids :)
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

I third this opinion.

My very first zeb adult pair went into my Yipes Stripes pleco tank as I didn't know any better. It held a pair of 134s and 2 male 260s. I lost one zeb inside 10 months. I added 3 more smaller zebs and a pair of 333s. When I finally redid the tank to remove all but zebs, I had 2 zebs left out of 5 that went in. All the other plecos were fine.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
*chris*

Post by *chris* »

thanks guys
i was 100% sure it wasn the other Ls hurting them seeing as the others are at 4cm
but if you guys have had experience in it then ill set up anothe tank for felix and his mate
any other things you guys done that seem to have worked in the zebbies favour?
John

Post by John »

I also have some L333 at 4-5 cm. but those little guys are allready very territorial and agressive imo :shock:
Behaviour like that i only see with my adult L46 males towards other adult males.
I think getting the zebs their own space with all their needs is going to be a advantage in their development.
Greetings,
John
[img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x276/hypancistrus-zebra/half.gif[/img]