Tragedy in Growout Tank

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

I did a small water change- probably 20% as I had to net out one fish to ship to the winner of a contest I sponsored at another forum. I saw nothing unusual in the behavior of the fish. The normal routine for this is to remove all the decor and hiding spots into a bucket. I also remove the sponge filter and the intake for the HOB to minimze the places the fish can hide to facilitate netting.

All of my equipment is used exclusively for fish and my well water needs no treating.

I too was baffled by why only half the fish died, especially since a good 18 hours passed between netting the fish and the subsequent deaths. It was the maid's normal cleaning day and I did my part before she cleaned that bathroom. When I returned the decor, the fish begaved as they normally do and went right back under cover. When I fed that evening Ioticed nothing out of line.

I am just glad I did not lose the whole tank.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.