New home for Zebras

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

GS
Groupie

New home for Zebras

Post by GS »

Hello All

After weeks of worrying about it I've finally moved my 'herd' of Zebras to a new home. My Rio 125 was starting to look cramped so I bought a Rio 180 to allow more floor space for my fish. Having set it up some days ago with a matured filter I always managed to find an excuse to delay the move. I then found a dead fry in the tank so I felt that I had nothing to loose. When I'd finally removed all of the fish, (or so I thought!) my wife said that she could see something moving on the bottom of the old tank. Following a closer look we found four more very young fry which I didn't know about. So some bad news about the death but better news about finding more fry. They have been in the new tank a couple of days now and every thing looks OK with the fish nice and calm.

I have photos but I don't know how to post them. If someone else can do this for me I would be happy to send the photos to them on an e-mail.

Many thanks,
GS
stang1
Groupie

Post by stang1 »

Great news on finding the fry!
To post a pic set up an account with Photobucket.com, it's completely free to use. Download your photos on to that site and then click on the IMG code, left click on your mouse to "copy".
In your reply, click on the "Img" button and click on your mouse, it'll come up with paste. It should download the photo onto the site for you.
GS
Groupie

Post by GS »

Hello stang

Thanks for this but I'd prefer to send them to someone.
GS
RyanL46

Post by RyanL46 »

GS
Groupie

Post by GS »

Thanks Ryan, they are on their way.
GS
Plastic Mac
Mentally Certified!

Post by Plastic Mac »

Congratulations on finding more fry.

No sure why you can't post the pictures yourself though, considering someone has gone to the trouble of telling you how. It's not up to others to do your work.

Plastic Mac
GS
Groupie

Post by GS »

Plastic Mac wrote:Congratulations on finding more fry.

No sure why you can't post the pictures yourself though, considering someone has gone to the trouble of telling you how. It's not up to others to do your work.

Plastic Mac
That's very true, but I'm only asking and no one has to volunteer. I know it might be a lame excuse but I'm not very good with computers and I don't have much confidence doing new things with it in case I go wrong.
GS
RyanL46

Post by RyanL46 »

Picture 1 Shows old set up with 'tank in tank'. The smaller tank shows some of the young fry and you can compare size of young to adults in the main tank.

This picture shows a very young flat nosed (Bull dog) fish. I haven't seen this fish again, maybe it grew out of the flat nose appearance ????

Shows the sizes of two of the young fish from different hatchings.

New set up. All fish together in one tank.

There you go buddy. :D
GS
Groupie

Post by GS »

Thanks very much Ryan.
GS