Moved Zebra to new tank

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

gringa_54
Forum Follower

Moved Zebra to new tank

Post by gringa_54 »

Hey everyone, I have had my baby zebra for a while know and I decided to move him to another tank. I am just wondering what is a good way to make sure that he is getting the right amount of food.
He does have some inhabitants with him, a breeding pair of port acaras (they have a batch of babies now), a bristle plec, and a baby H inspector.

Also I am wondering if the growth rate of zebra plecs is really slow? it seems my guy has been the same size forever (although i have noticed he has grown a bit)
gringa_54
Forum Follower

Post by gringa_54 »

wow can anyone help me with this?
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

I would not be keeping a zebra with ports. This is from both a behavioral and temperatrure concerns. The ports should be in much cooler water than the zebra needs. The ports can also be territorial which reduces to range of the zebra as well as providing competition for food.

I suggest you move the zebra to a more appropriate tank.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.