DIVORCE!!!

An area for anything related to spawning. Share your experiences with the rest of us here...
Shimmy
Groupie

DIVORCE!!!

Post by Shimmy »

I have a strange problem at the moment, my males and females seem to have fallen out of love with each other!!

since they began to spawn two years ago the longest it has been between spawns is 8 weeks, but to date I had 9 fry on new years day and nothing since?

Has anyone else has similar experiences?

The only change has been the increase in fish in the tank. I used to move all my fish onto a growing out tank until 80% died overnight and I transfered the remaining 20 back to the aldult tank?

Just wondered if anyone could shed any light.

It isnt a concern as all the fish look extremely healthy, just looking to get a few answers!!!!!
discusbabe
Obsessed!!

Post by discusbabe »

Hi Shimmy

Sorry I can't offer any advice but wanted to say hi and sorry to hear of your losses! Hopefully somebody can offer some advice to you soon! :wink:

Adele
hamish99
Obsessed!!

Post by hamish99 »

i used to remove some of the female zebs for a few weeks, when the were returned the males showed more interest
Shimmy
Groupie

Divorced

Post by Shimmy »

Thanks Hamish, I think that they have may rediscovered the opposite sex last nite as my alfa male in back blocking his favourite cave and I cannot account for all the females.

I dear say by the end of the week I will know whether it is another hoax or the real deal.

Thanks for the tip though I will definately try that in the future or if it does turn out to be a hoax

Shimmy