Please help me create the perfect aquarium for zebbys!!

Pretty much explains itself really. If you have questions about tank set-ups, tank furniture, (caves etc) chuck them in here!

george

Please help me create the perfect aquarium for zebbys!!

Post by george »

i have a 3 foot tank, 2 bristlenoses and 2 angels. I dont have any rocks in the tank apart from pebbles and cobbles, quite a few plants, sand substrate, i need to make this tank compatable for 2 zebbys that i have orderd(dont worry parameters are fine!!). i just need help on aqauascaping the tank. What rock do i use and how do i stack it etc, etc!! what are the square tubes i see in peoples tank?? where can i get this rock??
thanks george
R.I.P steve irwin-you were and still are much loved by everyone.
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

Hi George- You don't list your location so its hard to suggest places to get things. The "square tubes" are slate caves used for males to live and spawn in. Angels do not really do well in temps that zebs like imo and they would eat zeb fry with relish.

In stacking rock the most important issue is that is it stable, you don't want to end up with a zebra pancake.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
george

Post by george »

i live in the uk, near london, i think my LFS has slate though. How much are tile cutters and will i get them from any diy store??
R.I.P steve irwin-you were and still are much loved by everyone.