growth rate in youngsters

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

mykil32
Groupie

growth rate in youngsters

Post by mykil32 »

any of you breeders out there ever notice if on sex grows quicker than the other? i.e. females grow faster than males. thnx for reading
Zebrapl3co
Obsessed!!

Post by Zebrapl3co »

Well, that's a tough question to answer. How can you tell a young female from a young male?
midnight pearl
Forum Follower

Post by midnight pearl »

Hi,Mykil32 that's exactly the same question i was going to post .When i purchased my juveniles zebras ,buying 2 at times from different breeders they would sent me 1 smaller ( 3 cms ) & the other would be at 4 cms size which all of them seems to think that the bigger one from the same batch would most likely be Males & the smaller one females ? One particular breeder told me that he is 90 o/o sure he can select their sexes ?
Reason he knew these cause he grew 20 of his own juvies & he claims 18 of them are females their now close to 3 years of age & which 2 of the females had laid & had babies .