Am I dreaming? Check this out!

If it's about fish in general, or it's a little bit random, then this is the place to post it.
tmh0324
Groupie

Am I dreaming? Check this out!

Post by tmh0324 »

Just fall in love with zebra~~
Raul-7
Obsessed!!

Re: Am I dreaming? Check this out!

Post by Raul-7 »

It seems to be a similar tactic employed by the scammer who's friend "died" a few months ago. Ask him if he will allow pick-up.
tmh0324
Groupie

Post by tmh0324 »

Oh, by the way, since I placed a bid...the buy now option is gone....

Let me put the price here so you can know what I am talking about...

For 5 youngs that one, the buy now is $700

For 3 yr old male, the buy now is $100

For 2yr old female, the buy now is $200

For 1 proven pair, the buy now is $350

I emailed the seller already and ask for COD option( if possible) and PICS....
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

That seller ia a 0/0. that means under that name he has never completed a transaction on AquaBid.

Caveat Emptor

I would wait for somebody else to complete a successful transaction with a 0/0 seller before I would even consider a bid.

Most reputable breeders/sellers are members here or at a few other good sites. This guy is in the same state as one of the mods here. I would suggest that you contact her and ask if she knows the seller or of the seller. the zebra community is not a huge one and many of them know each other or at least about each other.

But I see you have complete 50 transactions with feedback, so you should know the deal already as to how things can go right or wrong on AB
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
tmh0324
Groupie

Post by tmh0324 »

Yeah...thanks two tank... :roll:

you know....just....when I see something I very like....my IQ goes down a bit...(actually a lot~~ :wink: )

I emailed the seller already and try to identify this offer is real or not.... :)

I wish I can do a local pick up....haha.... :P
steveashtray
Forum Follower

Post by steveashtray »

i emailed seller about local pick-up i work for the airlines free travel, i need some zebras. if hes a scamer ill find out.
tirzo13
Groupie

Post by tirzo13 »

he says that if you pick up you can pay cash on his ads.
so for those of us that live somewhat close to washington, not a bad deal.
we can see when we get there if its a scam, hard to scam someone if its payment on pickup, right?

I'd admit, if i was not within driving distance i would not bid with a zero feedback seller, no pictures, no size listed, questionable stated breeding.

but seems that i really can't lose but gas money if i drive there and find out its a scam.

so i plan to bid on all of them to expand my colonies.
anyone in california want to split them and the drive?
DanD
Groupie

Post by DanD »

I tried looking up "David Taylor" in Tacoma Washington area. There are a few David Taylors but none listed in the Zip code specified in the auction.

Tacoma is only an 11 hour drive away and it's tempting but this looks so suspicious I dont know if I want to go through 4 tanks of gas and waste a full 1-2 days to find out he is full of crap.

If you find any more info that makes this seem more legit I might be willing to make the drive up there with you Tirzo
paintworx

escrow

Post by paintworx »

Hi all

I also emailed the seller of the auctions to ask him if he can provide references, and also if he will complete the deal with an escrow service- he emailed me back and said that according to info on Craigslist, some services are fraud, so he is nervous about that - I have emailed him back and asked if he is willing to use the escrow services of a large bank, such as wells fargo. Also, I asked why he is selling these fish?- he did not list the size in the listing with 5 fish, which is of huge importance in this species as far a value is concerned.... I would think he should not have forgotten that small tidbit of info -
I haven't heard back from him yet- in any online auction, the highest odds of having problems are from 0/0 feedback buyers/ sellers. More times than not, if it looks too good to be true, it usually is..... it seems to me that if this guy is an importer / exporter, he would know the value of these fish in this country- also, he is in the buying/selling business- why would he have a buy it now for $100? That is a red flag, IMO! Although I would love to have every single fish he has listed, I have to follow my instincts, and hold off, unless he will do escrow-
I will post again if I hear back from him.....
tirzo13
Groupie

Post by tirzo13 »

i pretty much agree, somethings don't seem right, perhaps he has good answers for the questions.
The price is moving up pretty quickly on all of the fish, without the information that we all want.

I for sure would not bid if i had to pay and then ship.
I'm only bidding because i can make the drive, my girlfriend and i love seattle, and the ad says if you pick up in Seattle you can pay cash.
So at worse, i get bummed out, but i don't lose money.
i don't lose anyway, because i can wine and dine my girl up in seattle if the guy is a scammer.

Again, i'd say be cautious if you can't make the trip there, too many questions, and with the history of zebra scams better to be safe than sorry.

Steve Perryman is leading all the bids, he brings in some of the best Zaire frontosa, so maybe they know each other in the biz.
tirzo13
Groupie

Post by tirzo13 »

the prices have now exceeded the prices i paid for my 4 adults and 10 juvies in my local area, so unless they are huge, and he sends me some pics, i'm done bidding.
Steve is beating me on all the bids anyway.
its no longer worth the price including the gas and time for me.
eklikewhoa
Obsessed!!

Post by eklikewhoa »

Personally I think there will be some really disappointed people and one filthy rich person.
[url]http://tropheusfanatics.invisionzone.com/[/url]
tmh0324
Groupie

Post by tmh0324 »

Hi, paintworx

wow, you make some great points that I never think about. :idea:
Yeah....like what you said....if he's a real businessman....this is abnormal....

sigh....time to wake up.... :roll:
paintworx

Post by paintworx »

Hi again

I still have not heard back from this guy with the zebras- my red flag is still up! Has anyone gotten pics from him?

Sheryl
Toppcats
Forum Follower

AB activity

Post by Toppcats »

Hello all,
Also following the AB activity on the two auctions (this one in Seattle and the grouping from Germany).
I also tried searching for this individual through a variety of search methods and David Taylor or FN David Taylor simply does not come up for Tacoma WA. He also does not come up on a search for import/export although the import form he cites is a legitimate one. I also searched through a Brazilian importer/exporter site without success. Ask yourself, if someone is so involved in the hobby, as to have successfully bred the zebra pleco, why do they have no history (0/0) on AB (at least the German seller is showing 4/4 (which I am also totally discounting as there is no recent history)- and the very first item they put up for sale is a hot-hot-hot item??? My suspicion is that even if the seller follows through with a shipment it will not be with L46 zebra plecos. The auction listings also I agree leave out critical info. I would love to see the import form posted (block out any critical data as needed) - but oh yeah he cant post scans- how convenient!!! I also would love to bid on these fish but I feel the need to stay far away from this auction unless I have other information to work with. I do not know Steve Perryman (current high bidder) but I do find myself surprised he would be bidding aggressively so early in the term of these auctions. The limited response to queries from members here to Mr. Taylor is as would be expected for an auction which is supect. Very little is making sense on these AB auction listings so it's clearly caveat emptor.

Regards,
Gary