Video of breeding bristlenose

If it's about fish in general, or it's a little bit random, then this is the place to post it.
John

Video of breeding bristlenose

Post by John »

Found this on the net and tought i would share:

http://www.clipfish.de/player.php?video ... d8NA%3D%3D
Greetings,
John
[img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x276/hypancistrus-zebra/half.gif[/img]
KISSSSOLO
Groupie

Post by KISSSSOLO »

that was sooooo cool,
i have a pair of adult bristlenose,
im wondering if i have the set up wrong, all i have is bogwood and slate, im wondering if i should have something with a backing on?
but brill vid thanks for sharing
discusbabe
Obsessed!!

Post by discusbabe »

I've bred a couple of different ancistrus species in different set ups and IMO/E as long as you have a couple who are ready to breed and they like each other they will breed! LMAO! Then you try stopping them! I've kept many adults in different set ups and swapped and changed but yet to find the secret to be honest! When they're happy they'll breed esp following a cold water change!

I've got one female Claro who is fit to burst atm and the male is more than ready but she won't budge, I don't encourage my plecs to breed atm but in the past changing tanks has encouraged them, one pair bred within 15 minutes of being introduced to each other! :shock: They had been kept apart for a couple of months and conditioned ready for their meeting, they didn't even make it to the cave, the eggs were laid on the bare bottom of the tank! They were scooped up into a breeding trap and all survived!
KISSSSOLO
Groupie

Post by KISSSSOLO »

bless, i think ill leave them and just keep my fingers crossed for now,
ive just got platy babies in my quarentine tank so i guess ill just have to go and buy another tank just in case lol
Music_

Post by Music_ »

Neat vid...