Is it okay to keep Guppies in the same tank?

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

pogo-stick

Is it okay to keep Guppies in the same tank?

Post by pogo-stick »

Hi Everyone,

Getting ready and setting my tank up for the arrival of my little zebra's, just waiting for the my plants to arrive at the moment before I can finish the layout of the tank.

I was wondering though once I have the tank set up finished would it be okay to keep just guppies with my L46? (I have no issues with the zebra's eating guppy fry).

Many Thanks
Paul
Carson Passey

No problems with Guppies

Post by Carson Passey »

I have kept guppies with L46 for a while and I didn't experience any problems. The zebras our naturally shy but the guppies seem to ignor them and will eagerly fishish uneaten food.
ApacheDan
Obsessed!!

Post by ApacheDan »

I also keep guppies with Zebras. That's the only fish I allow in my zebra tanks. The only problem I have is the strong current. Make sure there is an area with rocks/slates that they can swim more peacefully. The females breed constantly & the Zebras don't mind. They make the tank look more lively, but their food is a bit different than what L046's eat. No competition there.
Dan
pogo-stick

Post by pogo-stick »

Thanks everyone :D
rich1988oxford
Obsessed!!

Post by rich1988oxford »

The problem with guppies is that through thier mass breeding programmes they have become less hardy and are prone to bacterial infections. Alot of bacterial infections are contegous and you wouldnt want your zebs to catch any infections
pogo-stick

Post by pogo-stick »

Is that just through the stress of breeding or just the young being less hardy as the young will be removed from the tank.