Microworms

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

Lucy
Groupie

Microworms

Post by Lucy »

Just wondering - does anyone feed these to their zebras? I know they're great for fry & I raise all my corrys on them but are they too small for juv. zebs to see? Mine are between 4 & 6cm TL now.(The Zebras not the worms!!! :wink: )

Lucy <><
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Hi Lucy,

Microworms are great as a first feed for any fry, but I think your 4-6cm large juveniles needs something more substantial :)
Lucy
Groupie

Post by Lucy »

I wasn't planning on feeding them exclusively!!! :roll:

I feed them a varied diet of homemade, dried & frozen foods but I was wondering if they'd enjoy something live to chase!

I'd need a heck of a lot of microworms to keep them well fed if thats all they got!!
:wink:
Lucy <><
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Zebras are scavengers, I'm not sure they would chase anything. They seem to prefer food that is already dead, or at least stay still ;)
Andrew C
Obsessed!!

Post by Andrew C »

Lucy
I tried some micro worms with my rams and they did not notce them in the water, even though they were up at the paint brush seeing what they were getting, it is too small a food for most fish and is better as a first food for fry.

My zebras love white worms and is one food they would eat as soon as it went in the tank.
But the hard bit of feeding live foods, like white worms, is not to introduce any unwanted critters into your tank with the white worms.
Have been reading up on culturing white worms on livefoods.com (old web site) and i am trying using scrubber pads for the culture media (long story).
But the more i read about culturing live foods, i realise it is hard not to introduce critters into your tank :(