Good and bad day in zebratown

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

TwoTankAmin

Good and bad day in zebratown

Post by TwoTankAmin »

Today started off badly. I discovered one of my smaller breeders floating belly up in the tank this morning. No Idea what got it as it was fairly nasty looking. I had noticed this week that things seemed not right in the tank. Only one was in a cave- the alpha male on free swimmers.

I did an immediate 50% wc and am watching carefully. I am hoping this was a fighting type death rather than anything more sinister.

The good part of the day was I got to meet a nice gent from South Carolina who bought 8 youngsters. This was in itself not an unusual occurance, however something else was.

The tank from which his fish came contained one snub nosed one about 1.5 inch. I discovered it about 2 weeks ago when I shipped out a box. I had decided to keep it for myself as I did not want to sell a snubber. Today when I went to bag the fish I was unable to spot the snub nosed one. The largest fish in the tank had been the snubber but today it seemed not to be snub nosed. Is it possible this is something that can correct itself? I am mystified.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.