Wtf? Zebra Fry??

An area for anything related to spawning. Share your experiences with the rest of us here...
Papworth

Wtf? Zebra Fry??

Post by Papworth »

Ok, this could be the most extroadinary thing that has even happened to me in my 5 years of fishkeeping. Just over a week ago, I bought a large amount of plants and bogwood, and after a little soak added them to my main Corydoras community.

So today, I check the tank as always, and to my surprise I find what I'm SURE to be a little Zebra fry! It looks around 2-3 days old, as there is a little colouration forming. It cannot be a Cory fry, as it looks different than any other which I have raised, and it still has a rather large yolksack.

I can't believe it, as I have no zebras! The owner of the plants/bogwood told me he was clearing out his Zebra breeding community and thats why he was selling everything, so thats the only conclusion I can come to.

I will try and get a photo up ASAP. I can't believe it, I never have any luck, but finally it seems Lady luck has smiled down on me. :) The fry is now safe in a breeding net, is extremely active and nosey. :p
www.corydorasfanatics.com
eklikewhoa
Obsessed!!

Post by eklikewhoa »

i wish i had luck like that!!!

everytime i buy plants all i get is lots of snails
madmoroccan
Obsessed!!

Post by madmoroccan »

That may just be the bogwood deal of the century!

Lady luck has blessed you. I can't wait to see the pictures.
[img]http://www.geocities.com/madmoroccan/zebcam.jpg[/img]
Lifted193
Obsessed!!

Post by Lifted193 »

Congratz Papworth...I wish I could be that lucky!
Papworth

Post by Papworth »

My step-brother is going to bring round the camera tonight! :d I can't believe it :shock: . What do I feed the little beauty, as I have noticed it's yolk sack getting ever smaller really quick, is this normal?
Raul-7
Obsessed!!

Post by Raul-7 »

Papworth wrote:My step-brother is going to bring round the camera tonight! :d I can't believe it :shock: . What do I feed the little beauty, as I have noticed it's yolk sack getting ever smaller really quick, is this normal?
It supposed to be completely consumed by the 10th or 12th day depending on the temperature. Don't feed them untill then. :)
Papworth

Post by Papworth »

Thanks alot Raul, I can already tell that the members are going to be able to offer me alot of help in raising this little one. :lol:
chanettt
Obsessed!!

Post by chanettt »

woooww :shock:
eklikewhoa
Obsessed!!

Post by eklikewhoa »

any update on the little guy?