SINKING UPSIDE DOWN ZEBRA

If it isn't to late, and you're desperately looking for some advice, hopefully someone can help you out.

jerms55555
Obsessed!!

SINKING UPSIDE DOWN ZEBRA

Post by jerms55555 »

One of my sub-adults was upright the other day and i thought it was wierd as he was breathing fine........so when i came home he was fine.......well yesterday he was upright again so i put him in a fry trap to observe him and he still has not turned over???!!! :shock: He is still alive and is breathing but I think his swim bladder is all screwy!!! :roll:
Is there anything i can do or is it the end of him??? My water conditios are fine!! everything test out perfect, i have another 7 more inside the 45 gal tank and this is the ony one that is experiencing these syptoms???
Thanks
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

If you've got a quarantine tank, I would move him into it, with water from his existing set up and treat him with Kanamycin or another good broad spectrum antibiotic. That definitely sounds life threatening and I wouldn't put off treating it at all. Has he had any injuries or nipped fins lately? Any other parameters changed?

Barbie
[url=http://www.plecos.com][img]http://plecos.com/plecosbanner.gif[/img][/url]
jerms55555
Obsessed!!

Post by jerms55555 »

No nothing at all!! he has no woulds or any lessions on him!! I have not dramatically changed the water or fed them differently ..........when i move the fry tap he tries to swim but sinks right back down......His stomach looks a little swollen almost like he ate very well!But I have toned down the feeding to the whole tank because i dont want any left over food to build up .
I will transfer him today and see if this helps. I have a ten gal tank ready for this type of treatment!
eklikewhoa
Obsessed!!

Post by eklikewhoa »

try a little bit of epsom salt, sounds like float