It's a sad day.

The lights are dimmed, the fire is blazing in the big old fireplace, your favourite tunes are on in the background, and I'm just about to pour you a big glass of red!!! Let's settle down on the big old leather sofa and have a chat!!
Lifted193
Obsessed!!

It's a sad day.

Post by Lifted193 »

The mood is somber, I feel like I’m in one of Akira Kurosawa movies…… I’m a lonely peasant walking through the village in the rain! Head hanging low in sadness!…..
Okay I’m exaggerating a little but it is a sad day. Went to do a water change and some pruning in my 12 gal nano plant tank. While pruning I notice something under the driftwood, I lifted up the wood and to my surprise and horror the skeleton remain of a ZEBRA PLECO!
Now I have only one ZP.
A little set back but it's not going to detour from getting my ZP colony.
I think I’m going to trim back on the plants in the tank and remove the driftwood and add a cave so I can keep a better eye(s) on the remaining one.
Ken
LMNO

Post by LMNO »

Sorry to hear about the lose of your ZP, on the anniversary of 9/11.
crazie.eddie
Obsessed!!

Post by crazie.eddie »

Sorry to hear about the death of your zeb. I'm assuming they are both juveniles. May I suggest getting another tank, making BB, and using that to grow them out. It's easier to clean a BB tank while they're growing out.
Lifted193
Obsessed!!

Post by Lifted193 »

Thanks LMNO and Eddie. I was thinking the same thing.
chanettt
Obsessed!!

Post by chanettt »

sorry to hear that :( i guess you need to move things around and think if there is any possibility to harm your zebra or not. not only the sharp adge of rock or driftwood but also find the back up plan incase the filter broke or light off (electrical problem)as well.
Mindy
Mentally Certified!

Post by Mindy »

Just curious... but most zeb tanks are high flow rate, high oxygen, high temp, etc. And I'm not aware of anyone keeping them in small tanks. Would this have any effect at all on how well the fish do, given that it's a nano tank? :?:
Lifted193
Obsessed!!

Post by Lifted193 »

Mindy, I'm not sure if the tank size was the problem. Cause the nano is 12 US gal. and I know people that rasie their in 10 gal.