techtales

The lights are dimmed, the fire is blazing in the big old fireplace, your favourite tunes are on in the background, and I'm just about to pour you a big glass of red!!! Let's settle down on the big old leather sofa and have a chat!!
McEve
Hypan-guru!

techtales

Post by McEve »

Inspired by chanettts Italian :lol:
TECH SUPPORT: "O.K. Bob, let's press the control and escape keys at the same time. That brings up a task list in the middle of the screen. Now type the letter "P" to bring up the Program Manager."
CUSTOMER: "I don't have a 'P'".
TECH SUPPORT: "On your keyboard, Bob."
CUSTOMER: "What do you mean?"
TECH SUPPORT: " 'P' on your keyboard, Bob."
CUSTOMER: "I'm not going to do that!"

I used to work at tech support, and I could tell you some very similar stories to what is found here:

http://www.techtales.com/techroom.html

I had one customer call me to ask wether he had a Norwegian or English version Win98 (long time ago as you can tell :lol: ) (is the menu in Norwegian or English...?)

Another one couldn't log on to his router after loading a textfile with a predifined setup sendt by me, where the password showed as ******. It was secret and encrypted! I told him to type in 6x* and problem solved.

Sorry, this is a bit geeky :lol:

chanettt, I'm not making fun of you! Just got inspired by your Italian :lol:
chanettt
Obsessed!!

Post by chanettt »

it's OK i am Thai anyway :lol:
Andyt.
Groupie

Post by Andyt. »

Thank you McEve, I could use the laugh today!

Of course, I wouldn't be a proper Mac partisan without observing that I avoid all those technical issues by owning an iMac... :wink:
Our problem is not that the world lacks magic. Our problem is that we don't believe in its magic.
~Marianne Williamson