where can i buy a cave?

If it isn't to late, and you're desperately looking for some advice, hopefully someone can help you out.

chanettt
Obsessed!!

where can i buy a cave?

Post by chanettt »

is anyone still made them? i really need one since my zebra is coming tomorrow. any suggestion of a website?
AndyAps.com
Obsessed!!

Post by AndyAps.com »

hello.
i may beable to help you as i have made 20 terracotta caves.
they are all the same as the ones my zebra's spawned in last month.
the only problem is i am on holiday now for 1 month and will be out of the country from mon 7th aug untill the 6th of september. i am back for 4 days inbetween that but will have more things to sort out than caves (sorry lol)
if your interested pm me or keep an eye out as when i am back in the uk i will ask rob if its ok to sell them through the site and place a post.

If your not interested, try providing plenty of cover from bogwood (well rinsed/soaked) or PVC tubing cut into 15cm lengths and try and get about 2/3inch wide and wedge it between bogwood.
or try making some caves yourself......its quite easy if you can get hold of some slate the right sizes and stick it together with aquarium silicone and let in "go off" for 24hours before you put in tank.
or alot of petstores do ornaments with caves in them i.e hollow tree trunks etc just make sure they are big enough so fish doesnt get trsapped in them.
good luck
success is a journey full of unbelievable experiance NOT a destination with an unbelievable experiance.
John

Post by John »

If you are still looking i could recommmend caves from Kai Schlutow his website is www.zuchthoehlen.de

Good luck
rhino
Obsessed!!

Post by rhino »

Im looking for caves also.I went to the web sight posted above but cant read it.I did see that they are made of clay.I thought slate was preferable.
Bobby
chanettt
Obsessed!!

Post by chanettt »

look in aquabid and search for zebra cave. i bought from that guy also. he is trustable and fast in shipping. i bought 2 from him.
eklikewhoa
Obsessed!!

Post by eklikewhoa »

chanettt wrote:look in aquabid and search for zebra cave. i bought from that guy also. he is trustable and fast in shipping. i bought 2 from him.

i bought 5 from the same guy, great shipping and he even custom made two for me.