Tumor?

If it isn't to late, and you're desperately looking for some advice, hopefully someone can help you out.

Raul-7
Obsessed!!

Tumor?

Post by Raul-7 »

Today while checking up on my Zebras I noticed one of them had a whitish-reddish growth on both tips of his of pectoral fins. I freaked out and decided to capture him and photograph it for possible causes and cures. Can anyone tell me what this is and how to cure it? The tumor on the right fin broke off while trying to catch him. :oops: I'm worried I might lose him. :cry:

Top View-

Side View-
Image[/img]
eklikewhoa
Obsessed!!

Post by eklikewhoa »

could it be the cotton fungus stuff?

googled it and its caused by decaying food/fish mucking up the water.
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

We've sen this before on several occations. Use the search function and search for growth and you'll find it.
thebuddy
Obsessed!!

Post by thebuddy »

Sorry rob i tried to Google fish tumors and didn't come up with anything that would help :(

Seeing as this is an expensive fish and it would definitely be worth it might I suggest consulting a vet?
Thebuddy is planning his tank
Raul-7
Obsessed!!

Post by Raul-7 »

Both "tumors" fell off and I applied iodine (thanks to Dr. Barbie) to kill of any possible infection. I will update.

McEve, I did a search and came up with your previous thread and I even checked the Health page and Diagnosis chart. I just couldn't determine if this is a real tumor or fungus.

I think and hope it just might be fungus, since it grew on both fins at the same rate and time.

And eklikewhoa, could you please show me a link?
eklikewhoa
Obsessed!!

Post by eklikewhoa »

google "fish disease"