New owner, new here.

Hmmm...what else can I say!
caferacermike

New owner, new here.

Post by caferacermike »

I've spent the last 2 years reading PC and was a longtime member of PF. About the time I got my Blue Eyed pleco PF went down the drain. The week after I got my Blue Eyed I recieved 4 L46 fry from Lonnie (thank you October04). I was sick of reading all the trite on PF and had since quit pleco forums altogether when I recieved an invite from an admin on this site. Thank you, you know who you are.

I've spent 20 some years raising fish, reptiles and exotic mammals. Turtles and tortoises were my specialty, including a black aldabras Galop which unfortunately was stolen from me by someone that had seen it in the yard thinking how cool it would look in their yard. Yep she died. Basically I've been around.

Current setups.
125g with 4 Eheim 2217 cans, a 30g sump, Eheim 1262 return pump, 240w PC light, 200lbs DW, Tunze 6060 1,600gph stream power head.

Fish in that set up,
Blue eyed
Xingu Scarlet
3x green phantoms
2x violet bruno's (rusty's for my English mates)
Xingu Royal
Adonnis
L114 red leopard (sternella, cactus, red devil whatever you may call it)
snowball
sultan
2x peruvian tigers (possibly 205)
papa panaque
fire eel
20" tire track
peacock eel
couple of green tiger barbs (for the pleasure of guests that do not understand why I have such a large tank with "nothing in it")
couple of red tail columbian tetras (same reason as above)
6" purple spotted river goby as he grew out of his 10g.

75g RR salt tank, 40g sump, Euroreef skimmer, Eheim 1262 return pump, Tunze power heads, some Eheim aquaballs, 10g fuge w/18wpc 24hrs, 120lbs live sand, 280lbs LR, 600w MH and PC lighting.

Inhabitants, maroon clowns, panther grouper, algae blennie, scooter blennie, green dragon wrasse, cucumbers of different colors, snails, hermits, too many corals to possibly list (about 120 pieces including entire colonies), anemones, way too much to list. This happens with reefs.

20g salt nano with 2 anglers, frogfish.

10g counter top

10 guppies
3 goo-obo gudgeons
4 L46 ZEBRAS

50g Brute water change tub on porch that has since become a rainwater collector full of guppies to feed to my tanks.

Future expansion of 200g reef tank and the 75 will become L46 breeding grounds.

Other pets, southern flying squirrel (southern USA) and a baby sulcata tortoise.

Other interests? Don't get me started on my vintage English bike collection. Let's just say I have 14 bikes in the garage. Some Triumphs, Rickmans, Nortons, Yammies, Hondas, Hodakas, Gilera, Italjet, Derbi, Puchs. My daily transporter is a 1972 Norton Comando. It's been my main source of wheels for 4 years now putting 12,000 miles a year on the clocks. Yes that's right 50,000 miles in 4 years on a Commando. They are great bikes if ridden daily. Obviously I'm not a BSA guy.

I also sponsor and help host a great event in Austin TX that not only supports my vintage bike obsession but benefits youth with cancer as well. Please check out my link to www.harvestclassic.org Every click helps draw attention to the event. Unlike Aquasank these "hits" save lives. You can find a pick of me under sponsors.

Hi all,
Mike Pawlowski.
I'f I don't immediately offend you, don't worry I will.
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

Hiya Mike,

Welcome to the board! Good luck on the new reef tank. Like any of us need another money pit ;).

Barbie
[url=http://www.plecos.com][img]http://plecos.com/plecosbanner.gif[/img][/url]
discusbabe
Obsessed!!

Post by discusbabe »

Hi Mike and welcome to the forum! Your tanks and bikes sound amazing! :D
Plastic Mac
Mentally Certified!

Post by Plastic Mac »

Hi Mike,

Good to have you onboard...especially with all that knowledge you've got...I'm sure it'll be PF's loss and Zebrapleco's gain. :D

Oh and don't hesitate to keep showing us pics of your blue-eyes...after showing us pics of the zebs of course :D

Plastic Mac