Hi

Hmmm...what else can I say!
amazontom

Hi

Post by amazontom »

Heya, got the link from fishforums.net

What a great site! I am looking into breeding rare plecos (my dream) in south east London UK, the goal is to put them, er, back on the menu- so to speak!

I used to remember seeing a few of these guys in my local fish shop but they didnt know much about them and subsequently a majority died in the tanks before they were bought. Now i dont see them at all and from browsing the internet it appears that this is because they are no longer imported! Please correct me if i am wrong!

My aim is to start a breeding program and have at least 10 spawning tanks by 2008 soley for the lovely L046 :)

I look forward to chatting and exchanging info, i have kept tropicals for around 10 years now and even dabbled in the very demanding reef aquaria. At the moment i have zero plecs and no space to put them, this will change in a couple of months when my boss sublets some of our new offices to me so i can have a few tanks on the go and hopefully see my first spawnings! The two months gives me time to save up for the necessary hardware and fishies and to research these gems!

Contact me if you live in the Kent region, i would love to meet a budding Zebramaniac :)

cya in the forums
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Hi amazontom,

welcome to the forum! I like your plans, and whish you the best of luck!
If we can be of assistance just ask in the forum and we'll do our best to answer any questions.

cya :wink:

McEve
discusbabe
Obsessed!!

Post by discusbabe »

Welcome to the forum! Good luck with your venture! Sounds spot on! :P
dave
Obsessed!!

Hi

Post by dave »

Welcome and good luck in your project.

Just a bit of advice, you seem to be going to considerable expense, which with rental will be ongoing before you have got any Zebras.

Getting the fish is not easy no matter how much you are prepared to pay.

Then getting the fish to breed, even then it is not that prolific.

Take care

Dave
madmoroccan
Obsessed!!

Post by madmoroccan »

Hello and welcome.

You have some good ambitions as to what you want to achieve... So why not just go for it?

I don't see any reason why you shouldn't have the project up and running when you plan.

Get the setup... wear it in for a while... Then start looking for tank bred fish, there are a lot of sympathetic people on this forum who may be able to help with a start up colony.

And if all else fails look in the commercial section. That is a sure fire way of getting some.

My only sticking point; you may need to revise the scale of what you are aiming for, quite simply because supply far outstrips demand and you should gain a little experience with L046 before embarking on such a large scale undertaking.

All the best and good luck.

PS. Make sure you keep the forum posted on how you get on!
[img]http://www.geocities.com/madmoroccan/zebcam.jpg[/img]