Bluectriscal

If it isn't to late, and you're desperately looking for some advice, hopefully someone can help you out.

19wiggles86
Groupie

Bluectriscal

Post by 19wiggles86 »

Hi everyone, sorry to open another post on bluectriscal but this has to be said.
I sent Imer £310 in November of last year for two adult female zebras. It was made VERY (capitals as it was said three times) clear that I could only collect the fish from Newcastle as I don't drive. He it was fine and that it was too cold to deliver currently (a fair point). So we waited and waited with large periods of no contact. It eventually got to June of this year when he said he could send the fish. So we had this email from him:

Hello Adam,

I send in the week for fish to Newcaster on 5-6-2006, I find your address no more.
Pls, write me your adres and how much you wanted to have.
Best Regards
Oezay Imer

Things were looking up, or so we thought. We then had this email:

Hi Adam,

Can I send the fish early to you? to 27.05.2006 or

Best Regrads
Imer

Followed by this:

pls write me your phone and mobile number, because of confirmation.

And finally:

Hello Adam,
I deliver to you on Saturday. I have a problem for a buyer in Newcastle,can you help me?He has bought a fish of me, I may deliver the fish and he collects it from you or you can take the fish there.
Best Regards
Imer

Now there wasn't a problem, (I even said I would collect the other persons fish) until Saturday came and after numerous emails from me I hadn't heard anything. And thus no fish were sent/collected. I got a phone call a few days later saying that he can't deliver to Newcastle airport and that could we go to Edinburgh (190 miles away). I told his son (I was speaking to him as Imer can't speak English) this was not possible as it wouldn't be worth it to travel all that way. So the phone call ended with Imer trying to find another way. Days passed with nothing happening and no contact, until a few days later when I got a phone call from Edinburgh airport saying my fish were arriving in the next half hour and was I ok to pick them up. Of Course I wasn't. I asked if there was any phone number that I could contact Imer on, but the guy at the airport said that mine was the only number he had.
All through this period I had sent emails to Imer with no responses, until a few days later a guy called Neil rang me (apparently he is a member here) offering to drive me all over Scotland to collect the fish and drop me off in Carlisle/Stirling. I had never heard of Neil before, apparently Imer had asked him to do it for him, which I think was very unfair as Neil had nothing to do with it. However, I am very very grateful to Neil for offering, it was extremely generous of him. However, this still didn't solve the problem of the fish coming to Newcastle, that we had been very specific about to Imer in the first place. I have since asked for a refund from him, but I have heard nothing from him. Can anyone offer any advice on what I should do now?
madmoroccan
Obsessed!!

Post by madmoroccan »

Hi wiggles,

I am sorry to hear that you're having problems with Imer. From what I gather he is a mixed bag with another member complaining about his treatment, yet loads of other members swear by Imer.

In your case it sound like Imer just wanted to complete the transaction, so he sent the fish regardless of their welfare. That is what you're saying right?

If that is the case then that was extremely irresponsible.

With regards to refunds, if you payed by credit card you will almost certainly be able to recover your money. If it was via bank transfer then I strongly recommend that you contact your bank who will be of more help.

Finally I would like to ask; why on earth could you not have bought some of the now frequently available UK based fish?

Kind regards

Bader.
[img]http://www.geocities.com/madmoroccan/zebcam.jpg[/img]
19wiggles86
Groupie

Post by 19wiggles86 »

Hi Bader

Imer did not send the fish to Edinburgh when we got that phone call (as far as we know). Its just that we had said we cannot get to Edinburgh, so I do not know why he would have tried to have arranged some sort of transport there. Unless someone would deliver the fish from there to Newcastle, which I don't think is fair on a third party.
At the time, the only person I could find selling zebras was Imer, thats why I tried to get them from him. I was supposed to be getting 10, I'm just glad that I changed my mind and cut it down to 2!
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

It seems like people have VERY different experiences with Imer. The ones that have good experiences seems to be the ones that didn't pay before delivery.

Maybe something to consider...

I'm sorry you have to go through this 19wiggles86
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Hi Adam

I am sorry to hear about this as it seems to be a trait. I do not believe that Imer is trying to disrupt sales or rip anyone off, but I do feel that his lack of english and promises to deliver outwith his means is landing him in trouble.

There is another member on this forum who has been told that he can pick his fish up from a gentleman in Newcastle called Adam. I will PM you about this when I get back home on friday I will forward you the details. I think the adam he refers to is yourself, but I do not have the details on me right now.

I will send Imer an e-mail again from ZP and state that we want this sorted out.

I realise that this is not acceptable and ZP will do what it can to remedy the situation. Imer was allowed on the site in good faith, whilst he has deliverd well in many situations, it does not justify failing others.

Expect a PM.

Rob
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
andrewcoxon
Mentally Certified!

Post by andrewcoxon »

i was the other buyer in newcastle. he told me i could collect from a guy called adam who lives in newcastle 2 sundays ago but when i asked for some contact details he didnt reply and i havent heard from him since. he has £300 of mine and i dont have the female zebra he promised and he is ignoring my e-mails.....

gutted! :x
My Pleco's:
4 x L46
5 x L174
5 x L134
5 x L287
5 x L257
2 x L236
19wiggles86
Groupie

Post by 19wiggles86 »

I have Imers number if anyone wants to try and contact him, although its difficult speaking to his son, due to the language barrier.
zebra_man
Groupie

Post by zebra_man »

i can speak some german but i live in NZ and the rates would be huge, and my parents would kill me. does he have MSN?