Hello from SoCal, USA

Hmmm...what else can I say!
Lifted193
Obsessed!!

Hello from SoCal, USA

Post by Lifted193 »

Hello everyone,
This is my 1st post. I've been visiting this site for some time now. I'm located in southern California, Pasadena area. I've been raising fish since I was a little child, I'm 31 now. Mostly raising and breeding African cichlids (Tanganyikans). In the mid 90's I had the fortune of owning a few Zebra Plecos. Now that I have a demanding and time consuming career I've scaled down on the hobby. I have a 50 gal. reef tank and a 12 gal. nano plant tank that I would love to stock with Zebra plecos.
In the past few months I've been reading alot about people in different part of the world breeding, raising and selling these fish's. I was wondering why most of the breeding and selling are coming from Europe? People have been posting the you can find them at your LFS? This sounds more common in Europe then in the states. I haven't seen a Zebra pleco at my LFS in a few years. I'm pretty nerdy that if I see a fish store in my travel I'll stop and check it out.
From all of us that quietly read and listen we Thank all the people that post and share there knowledge.
thebuddy
Obsessed!!

Post by thebuddy »

yes they do seem more common in the UK
Thebuddy is planning his tank
JazzyKnots

In the neighborhood

Post by JazzyKnots »

Seems like we're neighbors! I'm a newbie also, from Nor Cal - SF bay area. I've never seen Zebras at LFS, but I didn't really look until recently. Best wishes to find some...
zebrastorey
Obsessed!!

Post by zebrastorey »

Hi Lifted193 welcome to the forum :)
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Hi Lifted193, good to see you and welcome to the forum :D I'm glad to hear you find the forum valuable, and look forward to see you again.

McEve
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Hi Lifted193

Welcome to the forum and I am glad you are already finding the forum useful.

There does seem to be a fair number of members breeding from the Uk, but I am unsure whether or not this is a good representation of the avaialbility of the fish in UK. I must admit, it has been a while since i seen a zebra for sale in a UK LFS. (then again I feel like I live in the middle of nowhere!! :lol: ) I think another contributor is that the site is new, and based in the UK, so we haven't quite reached a peak in the US. So there are alot more "potential" members out there, we've just got to find them!! :lol:

Hope you enjoy the site and thanks for joining!!!!

rob
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
Lifted193
Obsessed!!

Post by Lifted193 »

Thanks for all the reply, it's nice to feel so welcome.
I'll keep you guys posted on my sereach for this wonderful fish. If there are breeders/individuals that are interested in saling their fish please contact me.