10 GALLON TEST....

An area for anything related to spawning. Share your experiences with the rest of us here...
jerms55555
Obsessed!!

10 GALLON TEST....

Post by jerms55555 »

Let me see........ :lol:
this is pretty funny!!!
But i guess what i was trying to say was if anybody out there ever tried to to breed their zebras in a 10 gal or less..I have a pair and one other in the 10 gal and already the male took one of the caves and the female is right near there....so I just want to know if I was wasting my time trying to do this.
Filters: 200 bio wheel
Fluval Series 2 internal
Thanks!
And Mceve...no worries :wink: ...when it comes to me or pork chops.....take the chops anytime!
Last edited by jerms55555 on Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

To be honest, I see no reason why it shouldn't work if they are already a proven pair. Your biggest problem will be maintaining the correct water paramters. I have managed to breed in 20 gallons (US), but never tried anything smaller.

My one suggestion would be to make sure that there is a corner in the tank to allow the female to roam about a littl ewithout being hastled by the male at feeding times.

Good luck and let us know how you get one.
:lol:
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Am i waisting my time??
Thanks for your input....
I think time is the only thing that needs to be wasted when it comes to these little beauties :lol:

As long as you manage to keep the water clean, and there's no tankmates, I can't see why it shouldn't work?

On the other hand, there's no need to cram them together to get them to spawn. I have at present a spawning pair in a 250L, with lots of plants, roots, 7 caves, and all alone, and they manage to find eachother just fine ;)

It was an accident that they were left behind by themselves, long story that I won't get into here, but I wouldn't normally have tried this setup :lol: Imagine my surprise when I found they were up to hankypanky :shock:
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

SOrry guys, had a look on the database and the original message has been re-written.

:oops: :lol: :oops: Whoops, I guess you've got to see the funny side.

McEve, If you could edit your second message, with the text from the first. (Did I say edit or quote :wink: :lol: ) he he..

Jerms, my sincerest appologies, can you remember what you posted? If so, any chance of you clicking on the "Edit" button for your post and re-typing it.

cheers

rob :wink:
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

The pork chops were saved.... Again, so sorry Jerms, guess I have to call this a major senior moment!

Won't do it again after this though!! :lol: :oops: