First post - hello

Hmmm...what else can I say!
Dale90g
Groupie

First post - hello

Post by Dale90g »

Just wanted to say hi and have been looking around, mostly reading the info on breeding and raising zebra plecos. I have 26 adults, and recently had my first spawn of them (that I know of). Only one survivor, is around 7 days old. I'll post more on my experience with them under a proper forum space. I recently completed my fish room, and they spawned one week after moving in - heck of nice start - I noticed the spawn last Saturday. The fish room is 24' by 12', in my basement. 11 tanks set up, one last one to move - a 90 gallon tank - which was my first tank when I moved in here. Hence my web name Dale90g, wasn't that clever? I have some Syno multipunctats (9) and petricolas (8 ), some gold nuggets (4) and I what I think are LDA01s (4). About 12 corys are spread about too. I've got one red lizard (L10a) left, had four once. Got them to spawn once - green eggs (no ham). Raised them and got my first bap award. Hope I didn't bore you with too much info.
Dale
Mindy
Mentally Certified!

Post by Mindy »

Hello Dale... don't apologise for talking about your fish... that's what we all do here! :lol: Enjoy the forum... Nice to have you on board.
Caesars
Obsessed!!

Post by Caesars »

Hi Dale and welcome :D
Will be great to share your experience with spawning the zebbies! They must have loved your new setup if they were up to "mischief" a week after being introduced to it :lol:
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Hi Dale, and welcome!

As for speaking about your fish, we would think you were strange if you didn't!!!

Congrats onyour fist spawn, and you did very well to get a survivor. The first spawn can often be infertile.

Good luck with the fishroom and I will no doubt speak to you soon!

Enjoy the site!

rob
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"