blister like bubble

If it isn't to late, and you're desperately looking for some advice, hopefully someone can help you out.

Jo
Obsessed!!

blister like bubble

Post by Jo »

Hi does any1 know what this can be i have a zebra that has a bubble like blister on its side it has been like this for over a month it has lost quite a lot of its black stripes aswell. Previously it had a blister on its eye area and this healed. Other that this it appears healthy, it is still eating etc.

Sorry i have no pics as i dont want to emtpy the tank and stress it out to get a pic.
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

I'm sorry Jo, I can't tell you what causes this, but I CAN tell you that I've had it once too. The most recent batch of fry that had one just behind his right eye, about the size of a regular pin head. I assumed it was some form of growth that would require the fish to be culled. I noticed it a couple weeks ago. When I went to look for the fish in the breeder box a few days ago, to see if it had grown, I couldn't find any that had anything wrong with them. I'm hoping that means it's a reaction to them injuring each other somehow, but I'm by no means sure of what caused it.

Barbie
[url=http://www.plecos.com][img]http://plecos.com/plecosbanner.gif[/img][/url]
Jo
Obsessed!!

Post by Jo »

I wonder if this has happened elsewhere then? mine is not a fry its a young adult and just assumed it would heal itself but its been over a month and it still looks the same very odd because i would normally expect the rubbed out stripes etc to start coming back after a couple of weeks.

At first i thought it might have burned itself on the heater somehow due to the blister but now that the 1st blister has healed and another 1 has grown i know it can't be the heater. I am going to attempt to get a pic later if it comes out.
lrry93
Obsessed!!

Post by lrry93 »

what do you mean by blister? I have had bumps apear on my zebs on there head and then go away. I would not call them blisters though.