Post pics of your hypancistrus setup

Pretty much explains itself really. If you have questions about tank set-ups, tank furniture, (caves etc) chuck them in here!

fishboy
Groupie

Post pics of your hypancistrus setup

Post by fishboy »

Ok, i have decided i am going to take my trio of L066 i bought 2 weeks ago back. The reason, i need money for a couple more L260 females. So, i am going to make a new tank for the QA's which i think they will like. They are in a 20g long, and thats what the new one will be. I plan to do about 1-1.5 inch think layer of sand. I plan on putting a nice size piece of driftwood in. I will put 3 slate caves in, that will be postitioned sort of diagonally in the sand. I plan to put some anacharis in by the driftwood. Now, i want a plant that grows on the bottom. I saw that stuff called grosso, but my LFS doesn't have it. So, if you could please A) tell me good bottom live plants and B) Post pics of your planted tank setups of your hypancistrus tanks.
Raul-7
Obsessed!!

Post by Raul-7 »

You mean Glosso, not grosso. ;) Also, Glosso needs fairly high light to form a nice carpet.

E. tenellus var. 'micro' is a really nice grassy foreground plant and is faily easy to grow; I highly recommend it. But remember, that it is a smaller variation of the original E. tenellus. It is available here: http://www.aquatic-store.com/en-us/dept_293.html
fishboy
Groupie

Post by fishboy »

Yeah, i think i may just add some anacharis and java fern or something. I know the QA's will get used to the light. They go on at 7 in the morning and off at 7 at night. I might not even do plant, but i want to know who has had good experience in breeding hypans in a planted setup.