Finally it looks like a GOOD spawn!

An area for anything related to spawning. Share your experiences with the rest of us here...
INXS
Obsessed!!

Finally it looks like a GOOD spawn!

Post by INXS »

I mentioned it in inias thread but after my alpha male has bred about 12 times and only one offspring as a result (may not even be his), I had a second male on a spawn at the same time. THe alpha male failed as usual and is in the cave with another female but the second male has 11 fry in his cave that are almost done with the yolksac! :D

I think the alpha male will get the boot!
Jo
Obsessed!!

Post by Jo »

thats brilliant news well done all that hearache is finally paying off :D
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Congratulations! I can imagine you're happy as can be now after so many failed attempts! :D

Funny thing that, about alpha's not always being the best caretaker. One should think that would be one criteria of becoming an alpha, that the females would choose him because they knew he was the best one for the job, and that he himself would think so too as he wanted the role in the first place! It's all about making sure your genes get to live on isn't it :roll:

But we've seen several examples of this not necessarily being the case... If you relocate the alpha the other male would most probably step into his shoes - and get all the ladies ;) That way all those precious eggs won't go to waste!
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

WOOOOHOOOO! Congratulations! I'd definitely be giving that alpha guy a time out somewhere ;). I don't care WHAT you named him! :lol:

Barbie
[url=http://www.plecos.com][img]http://plecos.com/plecosbanner.gif[/img][/url]
jerms55555
Obsessed!!

Post by jerms55555 »

great job!!!!!!
BTW I personally wouldnt remove the alpha male!...that might mess up the hiearchy..
But great work!!!!!!
Last edited by jerms55555 on Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Caesars
Obsessed!!

Post by Caesars »

Wheheyyyyyyyyyyyy :lol: !!! Congrats Inxs!!!! Can't wait to see your new fry :D

As for your Alpha - start by putting a little sign up outside your Beta male's cave: THATS HOW THEY DO IT MATE!! He may get the hint .... :roll: