form italy with love...L 14 !

If you've got a breeding project on at the moment, (preferably fish related), let us know and you might even get added to the spawn list..whe....hey!

pleco4ever
Forum Follower

form italy with love...L 14 !

Post by pleco4ever »

hi!
i'm from italy...on 1st i'm sorry for my horrible english but...spanish is better!
ok,let's go:
yesterday i bought 3 L14 now i wanna know:is the breeding possible? if it is how can i do it?
tanks at everyone that can answer me!
CIAO a tutti!
davide
NeoCult
Mentally Certified!

Post by NeoCult »

Hi and welcome, have u tried www.planetcatfish.com for your answers? they have a lot of info on other L numbers
10x L046 Zebs for now, more coming soon ;) 6x L199 Plecos, 6x L129 Plecos, 45x Cardinals, corys & shrimps

Check My Blog - http://zebrapleco.net
INXS
Obsessed!!

Post by INXS »

Barbie who is a moderator here has a group and is trying to spawn them so you may want to try contacting her.

Andiamo askiare!
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

Barbie has a group of them she's growing out to SOMEDAY spawn. Like, in a couple years. They're not even 6" yet ;). There are reports that they've been spawned in captivity, and they should be somewhat similar to spawning zebras, since they are rumored to come from the same areas of the river. Other than that, I'm not much help, sorry! Mine aren't even mature enough yet to take a stab at sexing them.

Barbie
[url=http://www.plecos.com][img]http://plecos.com/plecosbanner.gif[/img][/url]
Alll

Post by Alll »

I made PM of 2 females L-14 (10 cm SL) two years ago. They had the eggs...
Alex
pleco4ever
Forum Follower

Post by pleco4ever »

sorry...what's PM?
and what about royal panaque?(panaque nigrolineatus) i've got 12!
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

pleco4ever wrote:sorry...what's PM?
I think he meant Post Mortem...

You get very innovative in guessing abbreviation when working with IT :lol:
pleco4ever
Forum Follower

Post by pleco4ever »

authopsy si not enough??? :lol:
Caesars
Obsessed!!

Post by Caesars »

Alll wrote:I made PM of 2 females L-14 (10 cm SL) two years ago. They had the eggs...
Alex what did they die from? I think my big female (currently about 18 cm TL) is full of eggs and I was told if she doesn't mate quickly she may even burst :shock: The problem is my other (relatively big one) also proved to be a female and the third one is a youngster!!! So there is no hope in the near future for her ....

Barbie

Post by Barbie »

They won't die from not spawning when they are developing eggs. They can always lay them, even without a male. Usually the eggs only develop about halfway without the stimulation of a male trying to entice them into a cave, IME. I was told the same thing, but I have single female ancistrus around the house as janitors and I can see they're developing eggs, but have never had a problem with them not having a male and some of them have been single for a couple years ;), I wouldn't panic.

That's a lovely girl btw. Mine aren't quite that size yet. I'm desperately hoping they'll consider spawning by 8" TL and don't need to reach adult size or I'm going to be scrambling for how to give them the 180 gallon, hehe.

Barbie
[url=http://www.plecos.com][img]http://plecos.com/plecosbanner.gif[/img][/url]
Caesars
Obsessed!!

Post by Caesars »

Thanks Barbie - that was a relief! Given the final size they get to I decided against buying a "colony" from start just in case they got all to be one sex. Now of course I can't find her a partner of similar size for love or money! I was hoping she would be able to wait for about 2 years, just in case my latest acquisition turns out to be a boy (seeing as my middle one is also a girl). I would hate to lose her, I've had her since she was a "toddler" :lol: and she has a lovely personality, particularly with the younger or smaller plecs - believe it or not she will back off from food to let them eat. (Similar size is a different story though, she can give back as good as she gets!!!)
Hey, if yours turn out to be guys - drop me a line if you are interested - in case we can swop or become inlaws ... :lol: :lol: :lol: