Who's got the prettiest/most unusual tail

This is just an excuse to satisfy our more competitive side. Everyone needs to take a little time out from saving the world, and have a bit of fun!!!! Watch this space!!!!!

Who's got the prettiest/most unusual tail?

Poll ended at Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:29 am

9%
13%
26%
9%
17%
17%
9%

Total votes: 23

Jario

Post by Jario »

Well Disney is one big...
Jario

Post by Jario »

Thing...
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

kgroenhoej wrote:
Jario wrote:No that´s not true. Real santa lives in Finland.
nono - Disney says otherwise :D :D :D :twisted:
This is an ongoing disagrement between Norway and Finland :D Half the mail sendt to santa, the northpole, ends up in a postoffice in Oslo, the other half ends up in Finland. I don't think we'll ever settle this disagreement, unless Santa steps forward and tells us where he lives, but... Norway is closer to the north pole then Finland, so we have a slight edge on them there ;)

Sorry Jario :lol:

Remember to vote for the tails though! We're not voting on where Santa lives :lol: :lol:
kgroenhoej
Forum Follower

Post by kgroenhoej »

McEve wrote:Norway is closer to the north pole then Finland, so we have a slight edge on them there ;)
hehe - this is fun. You're both so wrong... :lol: The north pole is part of Greenland and Greenland is part of Denmark.
McEve wrote:Remember to vote for the tails though! We're not voting on where Santa lives :lol: :lol:
This is more fun... Maybe we should have a voting on where Santas lives :lol: (this thread saves my day)
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

kgroenhoej wrote:
McEve wrote:Norway is closer to the north pole then Finland, so we have a slight edge on them there ;)
hehe - this is fun. You're both so wrong... :lol: The north pole is part of Greenland and Greenland is part of Denmark.
The north pole isn't even situated on solid ground, it's on a big ice floe :lol: And that ice doesn't belong to Denmark - nice try though kgroenhoej :lol:

Strange why the Swedes don't try to claim him... maybe they don't believe in him :?

:lol:
kgroenhoej
Forum Follower

Post by kgroenhoej »

McEve wrote:The north pole isn't even situated on solid ground, it's on a big ice floe :lol: And that ice doesn't belong to Denmark - nice try though kgroenhoej :lol:
hehe - That didn't work - but at least Greenland is connected with the north pole :lol:
McEve wrote:Strange why the Swedes don't try to claim him... maybe they don't believe in him :? :lol:
The canadians will soon be here :lol:

Post by Guest »

Apparently, from what I have heard the whole Santa thing is originally a Danish tradition. From what I remember Danish people used to leave their shoes outside on their doorstep and some old man used to go round and put little presents in the kids shoes at christmas...could be utter rubbish though, it was a danish person who told me that.
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Anonymous wrote:it was a danish person who told me that.
He was pulling your leg :) Danes are famous for doing that. 8) It's originally a German fairy (?) tale, about a person Saint Nicholas that put money down the chimney to the needy in his town.

And that's a nice thing to do - wasn't it? :D (I think there was a pretty lady involved there somewhere too ;))

Did you vote for the prettiest tail??
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

We have a tie so far, don't forget to vote!
Apisto046
Groupie

SANTA CLAUS

Post by Apisto046 »

The true about Santa Claus...

In 1611 people from The Netherlands who traveled to "New Amsterdam" (later New York) brought Saint Nicholas to the USA. Sint Nicolas was their "protecting" saint.
In 1931 Coca Cola made an advertisement with two kids giving bottles of Coke to Santa Claus 'for the pause that refreshes.'
A few years later the Swedisch painter Haddon Sundblom created for Coca Cola Santa Claus like whe know him nowadays as a nice old man in black, white and red (the colors of Coca Cola) In the second world war Santa Claus came with the Amercan soldiers back to Europe.
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

but did you vote for the best looking tail? :D
NeoCult
Mentally Certified!

Post by NeoCult »

Some nice tails indeed, personally i think number 6 is the nicest :D
10x L046 Zebs for now, more coming soon ;) 6x L199 Plecos, 6x L129 Plecos, 45x Cardinals, corys & shrimps

Check My Blog - http://zebrapleco.net
Apisto046
Groupie

Post by Apisto046 »

Of course I did Mc Eve!

Nr. 6 is my favourite.
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

I hear number 6 came from a very prestigious gene pool!!! :lol: :lol:
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

The poll is closing about 11.30 tomorrow :!: There are three tails with very high competetiveness (urk... is that even a word..? lol) so...

don't forget to vote, this is it, less than 24 hours, no use coming later saying "oh no I forget nrX should have had my vote!" :D

I know who I'm cheering for :wink: