L260 Queen Arabesque

If you've got a breeding project on at the moment, (preferably fish related), let us know and you might even get added to the spawn list..whe....hey!

Des
Mentally Certified!

L260 Queen Arabesque

Post by Des »

Hi,

A few days ago, went to feed my lot of mixed plecs in a 4ft bare bottomed tank , with caves and bogwood,and noticed some large "plec" looking eggs just hatched, at the front of the tank. I caught these 3 up then had to find out which plecs had been up to no good !!!!. The only way was to empty all the caves in this tank, until I came across one with a male L260 , when I shook the cave some more babies appeared.I only hope he bred with another L260 and not some other L no.
I am over the moon, as I did not do anything special . The water was 50/50 tap and RO. There were only 6 fry , due I think, to the water being too hard.
Now ,if I only had a spare breeding tank !!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,
Des.
KenW
Obsessed!!

Post by KenW »

Congrats Des!!!! Way to go!!!

What other L#'s are in the tank with the 260s?

Ken
Shell231
Mentally Certified!

Post by Shell231 »

Do plecs cross breed then?
pandadosmares
Groupie

Post by pandadosmares »

Yap :oops:

hypancistrus tend to do so, so be aware :wink:
Des
Mentally Certified!

Post by Des »

KenW,

In answer to your question, I have ,LDA01,L260, L134,L270,L316,2 types of L333 & 2 types of Golden nuggets, leopard plecs L?,together with some recently added home bred kribensis babies in this tank. I'm running out of tank space for the babies. !!!!!

Regards,
Des
Adam

Post by Adam »

Congrats Des. :D

That's quite a mixture you have in that tank. I did think that you would be running out of space soon if you hadn't already. Looks like you need a fish house.

Well done mate. :D

Adam
Des
Mentally Certified!

Post by Des »

Hi Adam,

Thanks.
As you say, I need a fish house.
I currently also have 3 pairs of Discus breeding and only my "community" plec tanks for growing on the babies, which should suffice for a short while.......
Looks like I'll soon need a business partner with a fish house to grow on my babies!!!!!

Regards,
Des