Breeding Project L046

If you've got a breeding project on at the moment, (preferably fish related), let us know and you might even get added to the spawn list..whe....hey!

Doug White
Forum Follower

Breeding Project L046

Post by Doug White »

I'm pleased to up date to the site, that my project has been more successful than I even dreamed it to be. Starting with 11 animals and adding three from a unrelated group, my population has surpassed the 125 mark. This group with numerous females and two breeding males have produced offspring now continuesly for over 14 months. In addition I have started a second set up with 12 animals (unrelated) and they have started to produce offspring over the last 60 days. Regards Doug White
TwoTankAmin

Re: Breeding Project L046

Post by TwoTankAmin »

Great work- keep it up.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
Joby
Mentally Certified!

Post by Joby »

Thats great :)
I_Need_Zebras
Obsessed!!

Post by I_Need_Zebras »

Can you send me some of your water? My fish have not bred now for well over 18 months, where before every 6 weeks. Need to buy a fishy "blue" movie to re-educate them again.
[b]Stuart[/b]
Looking for L260's - adult or fry, PM with any details
Balken89
Groupie

Post by Balken89 »

grate job any tips ?

i have been trying to get mine to start now for about 12 weeks nothing jet
Zeno
Groupie

Post by Zeno »

Doug White wrote:I'm pleased to up date to the site, that my project has been more successful than I even dreamed it to be. Starting with 11 animals and adding three from a unrelated group, my population has surpassed the 125 mark. This group with numerous females and two breeding males have produced offspring now continuesly for over 14 months. In addition I have started a second set up with 12 animals (unrelated) and they have started to produce offspring over the last 60 days. Regards Doug White
Okay, Okay I will take over the group :lol:
Samantha

Post by Samantha »

Hi Doug,

Well done. Are your zebras set up in their own tank or do you have them in a tank with other fish and if so what kind? I have a species tank of zebra plecos and 1 lone shrimp. Just curious if any of the zebra breeders have success with just a species tank or sharing the tank with other fish/pleocs.
Cheers,
Samantha
planted90
Groupie

Post by planted90 »

Hi Doug

Wow, your success is very impressive!!! Congats!!!

I enjoyed reading yours and Dereck's article very much, and have been able to apply some of what i read in your article to my own setup with some success.

I look forward to hearing more about your zebra program.

Bob