Must be the season?

If you've got a breeding project on at the moment, (preferably fish related), let us know and you might even get added to the spawn list..whe....hey!

TwoTankAmin

Must be the season?

Post by TwoTankAmin »

Doing the Pleco Dance

So it was time to feed the fish space tanks. Some veggie and earthworm flakes for all. Since I was going out feed I figured I would bring along a flashliight and do a quick cave check on the 134 tank and check out the zebra keepers and see who was hiding where.
The 134 tank yielded nothing- claimed caves, no cohabiting, no eggs no action at all, alas.

The zebras were all tucked into nooks and crannies in the rocks and wood, a few even smiled at me as if to say, "We are way to young still." Well I was out there and I did have the flashlight, so I figured lets see whats up in the 40B with the 5 L-201s. Not even sure of the sexes, but I had seen a couple of caves occupied and once even caught two in one cave during maint., but that seemed to disturb them and they both left and I never saw them in there again.

So I shone the light into the first cave- empty, 2nd cave also empty and the third cave had the usual male in there. But wait, he was way in the back and there was something else moving back there. Be still my beating heart, look carefully with those old eyes, could it be?

YES WE HAVE FRY ....

That was last night. Today I figured what the heck- check caves again. I managed to catch my long fin bn in the actual act- he was facing out and a whole lot of bouncing going on. I now have dad on a big clutch of orange eggs.

Is there something in the air, err water this time of year? :lol:
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
Stevie.K
Mentally Certified!

Post by Stevie.K »

Nice one TTA. :clap:
Jo's Zebs

Post by Jo's Zebs »

Well done it so cool when that happens it still gives me such a buzz to find spawnings just fantastic
L number plecos and pleco products worldwide delivery www.rareaquatics.co.uk