Farlowella vittata spawn again

If you've got a breeding project on at the moment, (preferably fish related), let us know and you might even get added to the spawn list..whe....hey!

TwoTankAmin

Farlowella vittata spawn again

Post by TwoTankAmin »

Woke up to my second spawn from the two remaining farlos in the last 6 weeks or so. Had to let the last spawn become lunch for the other tank inhabitants as I am pressed for tank space. In the past couple of weeks I have acquired a small croup of 5 hypan contradens and on Tuesday I took delivery of 11 F0 L-134s which "forced me to set up a new tank.

I do have a few young farlos I managed to keep alive from previous spawns from the father that died a few months back. Luckily the 3rd one was also a male and he has stepped in to take his place as the new dad.

On the negative side about two weeks back I discovered a large rotting zebra under a rock at the rear of the tank. I am not sure but my best guess is it was the alpha fm. So far this year I have had 3 zebra spawns spaced well apart timewaise. I miss the good old days of multiple spawns- but I will take whatever I can get.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
John

Post by John »

It seems there is not a dull moment around your tanks tta, congrats on your new purchases :)

Sorry to hear you lost another one of the zeb colony, good thing you are raising some of your fry to set up a new one :wink:
Greetings,
John
[img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x276/hypancistrus-zebra/half.gif[/img]