Sterbai and gold albino cory

If you've got a breeding project on at the moment, (preferably fish related), let us know and you might even get added to the spawn list..whe....hey!

Joby
Mentally Certified!

Sterbai and gold albino cory

Post by Joby »

I have had my first batch of sterbai fry from an original older group of 3 and 5 new smaller ones. I think the pair spawning were the larger ones and was rewarded with 86 eggs :o

There has been quite a die off, not sure if thats normal with them as not bred cories before, but now have approximately 30 that are a week old now :D

Also have one single gold albino cory fry from 3 eggs I managed to save from a small spawn. These gold albinos are thrown from peppered corys and I have 3 original adults from a friend who originally owned them and had to shut his fish house down due to ill health. These 3 have spawned a few times now and the eggs only seem to produce gold albino fry but they are very delicate and so far out of only 10 viable fry I have one :roll:

Little Billy is in with the sterbai but a week behind them at 2 days old :D
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

I found sterbai fry to be some of the more difficult corys to raise. Mine would spawn on their onw in a community tank where the eggs had to be pulled or eaten. I tried close to half a dozen times, got them to hatch but by the end of 30 days none were left.

I finally took it as a personal challenge and they were the first fish I deliberately set out to spawn so I could get some fry past 1 month. I finally did by paying close attention to water quality and vaccuming right after feedings.

I got 4 to about three month when I put them into a tank with a pair of P nicholsi who promptly did em all in.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
sea7ray
Forum Follower

Book

Post by sea7ray »

Hi theres a book by Ian Fuller on breeding and raising all Corys. It may give you some tips on raising sterbai fry

Chris
Chris McNally
BSc Hons (freshwater biol)
Joby
Mentally Certified!

Post by Joby »

I still have approx 30 sterbai fry left from the 86 eggs and the little gold one all growing nicely since I swapped to 50% water changes daily :D

Met Ian Fuller a couple of times and very nice chap he is too, might have to get his book :D