L333 Spawn

If you've got a breeding project on at the moment, (preferably fish related), let us know and you might even get added to the spawn list..whe....hey!

drd
Groupie

Post by drd »

I don´t want to have them in the same tank as the parent for one reason.

They will get food for my altum angels and the eartheaters :wink:

Once i missed to pick up the small frys when they were ready to leave the cawe and half of the youngsters got in the 30 cm´s altums mouth :cry:
Caesars
Obsessed!!

Post by Caesars »

Dear all,
We have cleared the photobucket - so previous images are no longer on line. However a full report of the breeding and much more photos are now here: http://www.mchportal.com/fishkeeping-ma ... -l333.html
Enjoy!!!
Caesars and Polleni
I_Need_Zebras
Obsessed!!

Post by I_Need_Zebras »

lol I think you need a longer url
[b]Stuart[/b]
Looking for L260's - adult or fry, PM with any details
I_Need_Zebras
Obsessed!!

Post by I_Need_Zebras »

Very nice post. A lot of good information.

Do you still use a net hatchery or have you switched to the acrylic tank nowadays
[b]Stuart[/b]
Looking for L260's - adult or fry, PM with any details
Caesars
Obsessed!!

Post by Caesars »

URL ... yes ... modern technology for you. Thank god for copy-paste commands.
As for the net breeding trap no, that was the last time we used it. We had a number of them from the past - they were ok for mid and top water fish. We stopped using them years ago; the plec's food was just going straight through the net and some fry got trapped between the net and the plastic frame. On this occasion it came back to life for the reasons indicated in the article - only to make us decide once and for all that it is inconvenient. Acrylic is the way forward, much more versatile and safe for the fish. The only problem with acrylic is that after a few uses or so it goes dull and there is no way you can get good quality photos of eggs or fry. So essentially you need new ones all the time.
George (Polleni) is working on a glass model which we can hang inside tanks - that is the way forward.
Caesars and Polleni
Lifted193
Obsessed!!

Post by Lifted193 »

Ceaser great site.
Drd nice looking tank do you have a full length shot of that tank?
What type of gravel is that in your tank.