L260 Queen Arabesques

If you've got a breeding project on at the moment, (preferably fish related), let us know and you might even get added to the spawn list..whe....hey!

sid
Obsessed!!

Post by sid »

Hi Diane
They are still in the cave .over 48 hrs now ,and seems to be a bit more movement now ,like they are doing the twist lol.............keep you posted
sid...........perfection dont come easy ,but i get by
zeberdy
Obsessed!!

Post by zeberdy »

Sounds like they are getting it on lol...I have a feeling my new females are soon going to be found in the males caves..they have created a fair bit of activity and lots of interest from the males. :D
sid
Obsessed!!

Post by sid »

Still in there........wish i was a male L260...............3 days ..bliss lol
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

........wish i was a male L260...............3 days ..bliss
I must be getting old , mate.... 3 days solid and I would need to taken away ina wheelbarow!

:lol:
sid
Obsessed!!

Post by sid »

You young uns aint got no stamina lol :twisted:
Des
Mentally Certified!

Post by Des »

Hi Zeberdy,
I too have a fondness for Queen arabesques.
You stated that you ordered 5 females from trimar and that all proved to be female. Did they all have pure white bellies?. Were you happy with their markings?
I ordered 2 pairs from them last week and all 4 had marbled bellies. !!!!
They also had greyish lines instead of the brilliant white markings I have seen on some queens.
I bought one large specimen locally with a pure white belly for double Trimars price but it looks magnificent ,just as in the picture below.
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/vie ... d=51356133
By the way what temp to you keep the tank with the queens?
zeberdy
Obsessed!!

Post by zeberdy »

Hi Des

All the Queens I had are definatly females and the bellys are white. It can sometimes be a little confusing sexing these as many people believe the whole underside should be white rather than just the belly. As stated in one of my previous replies I was 100% convinced all my original Queens were male till I found eggs.

All my queens (including my established ones) seem to be slightly different in the degree of colouring for which I have no explanation. I do have a couple that are as dark as the picture but most are more gray than this.

I keep the temprature at 82 degrees.

Diane
sid
Obsessed!!

Post by sid »

Still in the cave Diane.............4 days now
zeberdy
Obsessed!!

Post by zeberdy »

Sid..Is the cave big enough for the female to escape from or the male to throw her out? I wouldn't get too worried yet as these things can take some time and my experienced male has had one of the new females in a cave for nearly 3 days and she shows no signs of leaving :?
sid
Obsessed!!

Post by sid »

Nope ,dont think the cave is big enough for the two of them ,there is now way out for her,he can get in with her up the top of the cave,but not wide enough for her to get past,as its only wide enough for him...........could it be a problem?
Just manages to coax em out the small cave,she just couldnt move ,and placed em in a bigger one ,so hopefully,they can get it on now,and she can escape if she wants too,as the male has her blocked sideways at the mo,as he could only block her in straight up and down,in the last 1
Last edited by sid on Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zeberdy
Obsessed!!

Post by zeberdy »

Might be worth keeping an eye on. The cave ideally should be quite snug but the length of the cave needs to be twice as long as the male. My male climbs over the female when the eggs are layed and headbuts her out from the the back.
sid
Obsessed!!

Post by sid »

Have managed to coax them into another cave,lots more room ,he has her trapped at the back side on ...........so she can escape if she wants..so fingers xed,also have another 2 females and 1 male on order from trimar ,they should have them instock tomorrow
zeberdy
Obsessed!!

Post by zeberdy »

They must mean business if they are still sharing a cave :wink: I was very pleased with my queens from tri-mar. They were as big as my other adults and like I said one of them is already entertaining one of the males.
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

This is so exciting :D make sure you post pictures as soon as you know if they're serious about it!

Crossing my fingers!
sid
Obsessed!!

Post by sid »

What a bummer.............shes flew the roost ,and nothing to show for it ...........Tri-mar has just got in some more ,so gonna fone em ...............by the way diane..............how bigs your tank?