L046 A Breed at long last

If you've got a breeding project on at the moment, (preferably fish related), let us know and you might even get added to the spawn list..whe....hey!

A1player
Forum Follower

L046 A Breed at long last

Post by A1player »

Well fellow breeders after 8 years of trying its happened .I found a baby L046 in my tank about 16 days old i would guess & i hope he/she has a few brothers and sisters around that i cant see yet.
Im over the moon :D .
I have had many ups and downs over the 8 years of trying .At one point i lost all my stock due to a faulty heater that cooked the tank ,lost all 8 Zebs.Bought another 14 from differant sellers about 3 years ago ,changed the tank ,lighting and the way i set it all up about a year ago and 4 weeks ago took all the sand out of the tank and here we are ,a baby Zeb ... So to anyone trying to breed them maybe my last few lines will help you out. :D
exasperatus2002

Re: L046 A Breed at long last

Post by exasperatus2002 »

Great news!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

Sometime patience is the only thing that works. I got many fry for 3.5 years and then it stopped for a couple of years. I just got a spawn again after about 14 months off. They spawn when they are ready and not when we are.

Congrats, may you get many more.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
A1player
Forum Follower

Post by A1player »

Thanks for the good wishes .I will keep you posted on how the breeding moves along
A1player
Forum Follower

Post by A1player »

Thanks to all who posted me.
A little further along and i only found the one baby but its doing well......but last week found 6 eggs just sitting in the middle of the tank , so got them into a floating breeding unit placed them in a med flowing part of the tank and yesterday found that 2 have now hatched ,the other 4 have gone off so got them out,so another 2 baby zebs and to add to the plesure of keeping and breeding fish i will now day by day get to see them develope.Life is good .Hope the little guys make it all the way.