More Zebras.

If you are a private seller, then why not give this a shot? It's free and might even have some of those zebra thingies! You can also post requests for exchanging or loaning fish. Please refrain from posting opinions or irrelevancies in this section.

Zebrapleco.com can not take ANY responsibility for items advertised or sold in this section as they are free classifieds. Members not following the Forum Rules however will have their Posts deleted.

Adam

More Zebras.

Post by Adam »

I've reserved 8 zebras and I will be going to see them first thing tomorrow morning. They've agreed to let me pick what I like from this bunch. I will be looking to get females if I can, been reading up on how to sex them. I'm still a long way off being an expert but at least I'm a bit better informed now. I'm getting all excited already, I doubt if I'll get much sleep tonight.

Any last tips anyone?
sid
Obsessed!!

Post by sid »

Aye ,let me come with you and I will pick out all the females for ............emmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm me lol
sid...........perfection dont come easy ,but i get by
Adam

Post by Adam »

LMAO.

I'll pass on that very generous offer. Maybe next time eh. :lol:
sid
Obsessed!!

Post by sid »

Spoil sport..................good luck and well done locating some zebras
sid...........perfection dont come easy ,but i get by
Adam

Post by Adam »

Cheers mate. I'll let you know how it went tomorrow. I'm borrowing my mates TomTom(sat nav) so that I don't get lost.
Des
Mentally Certified!

Post by Des »

Adam,

Best of luck tomorrow,of course the smaller the fish , the more difficult it is to sex.Remember, the females will have smaller odontodes on the front of the pectoral fins and smaller "whiskers" than the males.
I was looking for a couple of adult males, since some of my females seem to be showing off to my "juvenile " males, but they havent read the book about the birds and the bees yet.
I contacted Monty at Trimar who has just receive a batch in but they are only about 2"@£95.
Ps. If you do see a couple of nice adult males,would be grateful if you could let me have a contact no for the supplier/retailer, or I could always pick them up from N.London !!!!.
Many thanks,
Des :lol:
Adam

Post by Adam »

Cheers for the advice Des, much appreciated. The zebras I'm going to see and hopefully buy are around the 2" mark with some slightly larger. I know it's going to be very difficult to sex them, if not impossible, at that sort of size. I can't afford to be choosy anymore as they are getting more scarce by the day almost. I've tried so many suppliers, most just laugh at you when you mention zebras.

Try this place www.wildwoods.co.uk they have 2 large zebras left, I had 4 of my lot from here. I'm pretty sure that the two left are males.

Good luck :D
DasArab
Obsessed!!

Post by DasArab »

How'd you get on?
Adam

Post by Adam »

Bad news I'm afraid, they were far too young to sex. There were 9 left and I just couldn't sex them so I bought the lot. :shock:

I now have a hole the size of the grand canyon in my pocket. :shock:

They're settling in well even feeding, I'm just a bit worried about the size difference between them and my existing zebras.

No incidents yet, am I just being an over anxious parent?
DasArab
Obsessed!!

Post by DasArab »

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Holy jobbie man. Come on how much? :wink:
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Just bought their whole stock? Just like that? WOW :shock: what do you do for a living again? :lol:

Congratulations are in order too! :D

I'm not sure I can answer your question about wether they'll be alright together with the rest though. How large a tank? How many fish total? Lots of hiding places...? You'll soon notice if there's too much squabbling I guess, so I'm sure you'll do fine :D
Adam

Post by Adam »

Ewee do you really want to know, well here goes make sure you're sitting down. £700 :shock: :shock: not inc the other bits and pieces I bought, I even got a free poly box to take them home in and some free endlers thrown in. :lol:

McEve you know that I'm an IT man and it doesn't pay too bad, can't grumble really. I also do a bit of private work on the side, mind you I've been a bit distracted by the zebras recently. I also get office cast off IT equipment from time to time, add a bit on top and sell it on. You'll be surprised what some places throw out, there was a place I cleared out last year that were getting rid of 17" TFT screens, can you believe they paid me to take them away. Most of the time it's chunks of crap that I either canabalise for parts or refurb and give away.

Cheers guys. :mrgreen:
DANthirty
Obsessed!!

Post by DANthirty »

I thought i was mad paying £450 for 6 god almighty Adam this is getting serious shall we book an appointment at zebras anonamous :? anyway mate well done on your purchase, how big is the tank your keeping them in as im going to get 2 more next wednesday so ill have 8 in my 30 gallon (mmmmmm getting a bit tight in there)anyhows were did you get them from did u get the last stock from bethnal green aquatics? as i know he had around that number left after i bought my fish there.plus he gave me a free poly box to take them home in!!!! great shop by the way.
DasArab
Obsessed!!

Post by DasArab »

Adam wrote: I even got a free poly box to take them home in and some free endlers thrown in.
That was generious of the guy.Image

Are you married btw, just thought id ask.
Adam wrote:there was a place I cleared out last year that were getting rid of 17" TFT screens
Keep me in mind the next time you aquire some 8)
Adam

Post by Adam »

DANthirty wrote:I thought i was mad paying £450 for 6 god almighty Adam this is getting serious shall we book an appointment at zebras anonamous :?
Save yourself Dan there's no hope for me I'm beyond help now. :lol:

They are in a 4ft tank, all 15 of them. :mrgreen:

Yep that was the last of the stock at Bethnal Green. He did say he was going to get some more in but they would cost 25% more. :(

Yes ewee I'm married + 2 kids, maybe not for much longer when the Mrs finds out about the zebras. Only joking she knows about them, I told her they cost £10 each. :lol: Joking again she knows the real price. :lol: we done a trade off I got the zebras she got her kitchen decorated, well half of it for now. I shall let you know about the TFTs.