Looking for zebras.

If you are a private seller, then why not give this a shot? It's free and might even have some of those zebra thingies! You can also post requests for exchanging or loaning fish. Please refrain from posting opinions or irrelevancies in this section.

Zebrapleco.com can not take ANY responsibility for items advertised or sold in this section as they are free classifieds. Members not following the Forum Rules however will have their Posts deleted.

Adam

Looking for zebras.

Post by Adam »

I can't seem to find reasonably priced Zebras around my way. I've been quoted prices ranging from £100 to £170. Does anyone know of any decent suppliers?
DANthirtyold

Post by DANthirtyold »

Ive just asked my lfs on a price for 5 fish and he said he would get back to me he sells 1 single zeb for £95 so i will wait and see how much he says, but not sure if he is too far from yourselfs being in swanley in kent i will let you know as soon as i do he said he will ask this thursday.
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Hi Adam

The price of zebras is rocketing just now due to the ban placed on their collection by the brazillian government.

You will be lucky to get any change from £90. A good place to watch out for is Trimar

www.trimar.co.uk

Monty quite often gets them in and they are reasonably priced.

rob
Tristan
Obsessed!!

Post by Tristan »

I got some of mine (their last 3) from trimar and some from browsing the internet.
http://www.tropicalfishfinder.co.uk/
is a good site as if you buy their card for £8 you can get a 10 - 15% discount, which in several £90 fish is quite a saving. They tend to list the fish that are available and you can set up a system whereby you are emailed when a species you are looking for becomes available.
Well worth a look. :D
L046, L033, L117, L200, L027, L014, Discus, & malawis

Post by Guest »

Thanks for all the help guys, much appreciated.
I bunked off work today and went looking for zebras guess what I found some, real beauties as well. I bought 4, no idea what sex though. Got an OK deal, they were up for £115.00. After some serious haggling and begging I got them for £100.00 each, not bad I guess.

One of the fish I picked has a slightly wavy pattern. Have I got something different? I know it's a zebra but I've never seen this pattern before.

The zebras are in my 4 foot community tank at the moment, not happy with that. I should be buying another tank by the end of the week and some more zebras hopefully. Anway must go and spend another hour or two staring in my tank. Once again thanks for all the help guys.

Great forum Rob, keep up the good work.
Adam

Post by Adam »

Sorry that last post was me I forgot to put my name to it. I've already given myself a couple of slaps around the face and it shouldn't happen again.....
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Hi Adam

Glad you like the forum. The wavey pattern zebra is a L098, whic is basically the same fish, hypancystrus zebra. It is unclear wether or not this is a genetic difference or a slight difference in species.

rob
Dr. P
Mentally Certified!

Post by Dr. P »

L098's are very cool indeed, check out the pic in this link, now that's cool 8)

http://www.transfish.de/LCode/L098.jpg
Sword Pies. As Good as it Gets - Guaranteed!! [img]http://www.refreshdesign.co.uk/dale/scotsmile2.gif[/img]
Adam

L098

Post by Adam »

My zebra's pattern is not that extreme, I wish it was though. That is an absolutely gorgeous fish. The pattern on my one is a bit wavy towards the head, It's definately different to the others as they have dead straight lines. I will post some pictures at some point once I've persuaded my brother to lend me his digi cam. I lost mine at a christening, the booze had taken its toll.
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

HI Adam

Must admit Dr.P , I've never seen one with such distortion. This certainly has the shape etc of L46, but exteme variation in markings. ANyone any ideas?

Check out the Planetcatfish link here.

Half way down is a pic of a broken lize zebra. Is this more like it adam?

rob
Dr. P
Mentally Certified!

Post by Dr. P »

Rob wrote:Must admit Dr.P , I've never seen one with such distortion. This certainly has the shape etc of L46, but exteme variation in markings.
Me neither mate, I came across that when I did a Google Image Search looking for L098. Stunning tho eh.
Sword Pies. As Good as it Gets - Guaranteed!! [img]http://www.refreshdesign.co.uk/dale/scotsmile2.gif[/img]
Adam

Post by Adam »

That's the one!! Except my ones pattern is a bit more wavy. I must post a picture so that we can lay this one to rest. I think it's a female as it is quite plump and the head shape is fairly "blunt".
DANthirty
Obsessed!!

Post by DANthirty »

If anyone is still looking for any zebs ? Wholesale aquatics have around 10 or more left all very nice fish and he let me have 4 for £74 each