Selling Zebs In Las Vegas P/U Only

If you are a private seller, then why not give this a shot? It's free and might even have some of those zebra thingies! You can also post requests for exchanging or loaning fish. Please refrain from posting opinions or irrelevancies in this section.

Zebrapleco.com can not take ANY responsibility for items advertised or sold in this section as they are free classifieds. Members not following the Forum Rules however will have their Posts deleted.

arobles34
Groupie

Selling Zebs In Las Vegas P/U Only

Post by arobles34 »

I really don’t want to sell my Zebs :cry: but I recently found out that my wife is pregnant :D.

Needless to say that my office/fish room is going to be the nursery, so the tank and the fish have to go :cry:.

I'm in no rush to get rid of them so I'll be patient in finding them a good home. I have five Zebs three adults and two juve's. Of the adults I believe I have two male and one female and I don’t know what the juve's are. One male is a cave dweller and he tends to fight with another adult, I believe to be the second male. Their fins are damaged from their fights. The one I believe to be the female will hang around the males cave but I never seen her try to enter. I have some older pics of them prior to me putting them in their permanent home. All of them have grown since I took these pics. $200 for the adults and $150 for the juve's I think is fair. Ideally I would like to see them all go together and to someone who intends to breed them.

Please contact via email arobles34@cox.net

I wont ship them so this will be pick up only.

Reminder, I will be selective as to who gets my zebs and if I could talk my wife into some how keeping them I may not get sale them.

Take care and thanks for looking..
eklikewhoa
Obsessed!!

Post by eklikewhoa »

I will take them all!!!!

Let me find out how much a plane ticket is first....what airport do you live by?
[url]http://tropheusfanatics.invisionzone.com/[/url]
tmh0324
Groupie

Post by tmh0324 »

First of all, congrats on your new family member~~~ :D

Um...how about that cave in the last picture?
Do you want to sell it? Let me know if it is available... :P

And...no offense, from the third picture...they look like 1 huge, 2 medium and 2 small.... :wink:
Just fall in love with zebra~~
ApacheDan
Obsessed!!

Post by ApacheDan »

Robles! don't sell, convince your wife...she should be understanding. You can put your Z tank anywhere else in the house...doesn't have to be a dedicated room. I did the same mistake 2 years ago and regret it so bad. After 2 years, I bought Zebras again....but I always remember the size they would be if I hadn't sold my first colony. Hang in there....let it not be said you were not told...! congrats on the baby . :D
arobles34
Groupie

Post by arobles34 »

ek I love ur enthusiasm, but why do you want my zebras? Are you a breeder? Are you going to turn around and put the on aquabid? Oh, and btw there is only one major airport in Las Vegas and that’s McCarren.
And...no offense, from the third picture...they look like 1 huge, 2 medium and 2 small....
thm ur right and no offense taken, but that pic was taken over a year ago and the 2 medium zebs have grown since then, as well as the other two small ones. I have a total of five caves in the tank and the one ur referring to is actually two slate caves with one large slate roof. I placed rocks in between the two caves and as you can see they like to go in between the caves. I will sell the caves if I sell the zebs.

Apachedan thanks for ur words of support and encouragement. I haven’t given up the fight, I did tell my wife that I was going to try to find them a good home and if I couldn’t that I maybe keeping them. When I said I maybe keeping them she gave me that "Wife Look". We'll see what happens...
eklikewhoa
Obsessed!!

Post by eklikewhoa »

I have some right now that I am growing out and am working with another member to get more for the future but I am sure yours are of different bloodline so that would add to my group.

I don't trust ebay or aquabid so I don't think I will be selling anything on there. If you look for my ealrlier threads you will see that my first taste of zebras are of missing ones that I bought off of aquabid.

I have been to vegas and the airport we dropped at was not too far from the strip itself.

I am finishing a car right now that has been sitting in the garage which will be my future fish room where I will be breeding or attempting to breed lots of other "rare" fish...Right now I am working with Tropheus Moorii Ilangi(over collected in the wild) which I am succesful with, Frontosa Moba( alligator/hippo infestation at collection point I believe it was), Celestial Danio/Galaxy(overcollected in 6mos time!!) along with other things.

It's up to you though who you want to sell them to, If I cant buy from you then others will pop up.

THanks.
discusbabe
Obsessed!!

Post by discusbabe »

I must say I would seriously find somewhere else for your zebs to live! Not long ago I thought I was going to have to face loosing my zebs but after serious consideration realised that I really couldn't loose them! Now they live in my office where I get to see a lot more of them and really hope to add to my collection in the future!
arobles34
Groupie

Post by arobles34 »

ek, thats good to hear sounds like you have some experience with breeding and keeping fish. I will definately keep you in mind with regards to the zebs. I also have a local fish store that the owner stated he was interested in them. Although, He may sell them though he said he wouldnt.

discus, believe me I am trying but its looking like them may have to go :cry:

I have already took down four of my discus breeding tanks and sold my breeders to a fellow breeder down the street from me. I have two tanks still standing my shimp tank and my zebs and I'm holding off as long as I can...
ApacheDan
Obsessed!!

Post by ApacheDan »

arobles34 wrote: I have two tanks still standing my shimp tank and my zebs and I'm holding off as long as I can...
C'mon man,...it's not over until the fat lady sings....
take down the shrimp tank & keep the Zebras...your wife would be happy with that. I know the feeling of "all or nothing". I was also into discus once & lost all during a hurricane in Florida. Remember that monies come and goes...but it is what you keep and fight for that matters...

Of course everybody would love your zebras, who wouldn't? By the way you're giving them away at that price....it ain't worth it ...not even for twice as much. Five of those guys looks like a nice colony. Do some thinking. What would happen if you take all down and are left fish-less. How about 5 years from now? Now where would your Zebras be 5 years from now...with you....??? How about plenty of fry!! :wink:
tirzo13
Groupie

Post by tirzo13 »

i say do what you can to keep them.
you can fit a small tank anywhere.

but if you sell them, i have a nice home for them with my group.
i'd actually split into a third group.

also, if and once my or your group starts to breed i'd gladly give you some for free if you are able to start over later on.

EK, i also have moba, in addition to kitumba, and mpimbwe frontosa colonies, in different tanks of course, good taste in fish.
eklikewhoa
Obsessed!!

Post by eklikewhoa »

Hobbyist/attempt breeder vs. LFS........Let me know what LFS you sell them to so I can buy them from there... :wink:
arobles34
Groupie

Post by arobles34 »

ek, im not selling them to the lfs. i like the guy and all but i think he'll sell them.

trizo, i like your offer i may take you up on it. i'm originally from the socal area, carson/torrance to be exact. What part of socal are you in?
SilverSurfer
Forum Follower

Post by SilverSurfer »

Awesome deal guys. I will be out in Vegas but not til May. too bad not sooner. Have a colony of 12 of these guys right now looking to grow to get new bloodlines.
[img]http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d107/SilverSurfer05/silversurfer.gif[/img]
tirzo13
Groupie

Post by tirzo13 »

arobles34 wrote: trizo, i like your offer i may take you up on it. i'm originally from the socal area, carson/torrance to be exact. What part of socal are you in?
i'm not in SOCAL now, i'm from san diego, but i'm up in the bay area right now, hope to move back down there this summer, but the pay is really bad down there.
Also, think about Raul down in LA for a buyer, I know he would not turn around and sell them either, and he just unlocked the breeding secret with his group.
At any rate, i'm sure here they will find a good home.
arobles34
Groupie

Post by arobles34 »

Silver, are you come here for business or vacation??

tirzo, oh, yeah i remember raul from when i used to post along time ago. i think he was still looking for some zebs back then. im glad to hear he's had some success with them.