Any young Zebras up for sale yet?

If you are a private seller, then why not give this a shot? It's free and might even have some of those zebra thingies! You can also post requests for exchanging or loaning fish. Please refrain from posting opinions or irrelevancies in this section.

Zebrapleco.com can not take ANY responsibility for items advertised or sold in this section as they are free classifieds. Members not following the Forum Rules however will have their Posts deleted.

Tom2600
Obsessed!!

Any young Zebras up for sale yet?

Post by Tom2600 »

Hi to you all.

Sadly I didn't manage to get any of the young zebras from Alan in Buxton ( the chap you advertised 20+ zebras for sale last week). He emailed me tonight to say someone had come and put a deposit down on the lot, so I'm guessing its a shop who is going to sell them on at the high prices seen at the moment. :roll: Oh well, back to the drawing board. :(

I can guess the answer, but has anyone on here got any youngsters going at a fair price that I can grow on? They would be going to a good home, when I get them breeding I'd let you have some offspring back for free!! :D

Cheers

Tom

Post by Guest »

I contacted the same guy on the 3rd of jan asking him for 4 zebras, this guy is a joke i gave him my phone number after he mailed me back saying he had them still, 3 days later i mailed him again, he said had sold the 4 large i had asked for, so i said i would take 5 smaller ones, this was ok but still no phone call only e-mail, so i mailed him again on the 10th to ask why he never called so i could pay, reply "some guy has just put a deposit on all 20" not pleased!.
Adam

Post by Adam »

I sympathise entirely guys, I fancied a couple of Alan's females too but I was just too slow off the mark. Just a guess, he may have preferred to sell them as a job lot instead of selling a few here and there. Who ever has the 20 juvenilles may have a bit of a problem as these fish are likely to be related to each other, it wouldn't be advisable to mate siblings together.
zeberdy
Obsessed!!

Post by zeberdy »

This same guy had Zebras advertised some time back and I contacted him to buy some. Had the same run around as you guys..in the end he decided not to sell any..big disappointment :(
Tom

I agree

Post by Tom »

To be honest, I had my doubts from the start but he initially agreed to sell me four of the small fish at a very good price. Then I didn't hear anything back for a few days.

I guess the fish did exist, whether they were bred by him I not so sure. Its a shame he let them go to one person as like I said, it is likely to be someone from a shop who will sell them on at a profit. We need more Zebras to filter out to people like ourselves who stand the best chance of breeding these fish. Oh well, I'll keep looking, but I think the chances are seeing zebras for sale in this country (AT A FAIR PRICE) is all but over for the time being. I have recently spoken to two good plec importers who both said all plec imports from the Xingu have been stopped. It must be annoying for the zebra breeders over there, I assume they will still have a lot of tank bred fish to get rid or but cannot due to the ban??

Cheers

Tom