I need fed back

If you are a private seller, then why not give this a shot? It's free and might even have some of those zebra thingies! You can also post requests for exchanging or loaning fish. Please refrain from posting opinions or irrelevancies in this section.

Zebrapleco.com can not take ANY responsibility for items advertised or sold in this section as they are free classifieds. Members not following the Forum Rules however will have their Posts deleted.

Pete
Obsessed!!

Post by Pete »

tirzo13 wrote:i was just thinking.
I have friends who keep dead favorite frontosa in the freezer.
I had thought the same twisted thing but was too lazy to post it. It's just another reason to say "I gave you live fish, end of story".
It's not an illusion, it just looks like one.
paletka
Groupie

Post by paletka »

THANK YOU
17 years with discus and learning new tricks every day.
L-46 is my new challenge
october004
Groupie

Post by october004 »

well this is my 2 cents because I have been on both sides of this coin.
Once he took the fish they are his responsibilty unless you gave him an implied guarantee beyond that. If he killed all of them then that is not your fault. If they were sick or diseased when he got them than you need to do something. Personally in the future I would have them sign a paper stating that they accept the fish and agree they are in good health and alive. Far as I am concerned I would say he is having buyers remorse.
cichlid_baby
Groupie

Post by cichlid_baby »

Can you post the link for the Aquabid auction listing that your fishes were sold on?
astral_firn
Forum Follower

Post by astral_firn »

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/ ... 1166721672,
this is the link. im the guy he is talking about. i have a total of 11 zebras, but all are from the same batch. so i wated a few from another batch, and to make up for waht i was spending, sell a few of my other ones to cover the cost. so its not like im bought them, and a few hours letter i was hurting for money and wish i didnt make the buy. this was partly my fault. i didnt look at the fish much...just a quick look. becasue he keep pushing on one place to meet in the parking lot. it was fricking blocking traffic!!!!! people was honking and yelling at my wife for doing this, so i quicky gave him the cash, and the cheeck, took a quick look at the fish, just to see that they were zebras, it not like he was selling me a breeding group or anything he seemed like a good guy. he understood why i could not with draw all the money, it was SUNDAY!!!! so i didnt pay no mind, well i drove back home, and by the time opend the box and realy took a good look at them, i noticed the sucken bellys, so i put them in my 5 gallon bucket and started the drip, while the drip was going, i looked at them even more so then i did a few minuts before. 5 of the 7 were not only had sucken bellys, but dark spots on the under belly, i may be a little new to zebras. but from what i read this was not mormal, so i called him., this is all in a time fram of 5 minuts after i got home, he said i gave you good fish, and he keep saying that, so i hung up and since i didnt have my camera, i set up my camcorder. so i do the drip for and hour put them in a 10 gallon that has been running for over a year and waited and hoped for the best. 2 hours latter they were dead. i care for discs and breed l260s, even though i am new to zebras, i am not new to the hobbie. i know what i am doing. i do regret buying these fish, but not because of the money. because of his knowingly selling sick fish. and from now on i will only get my zebras for my good friend blue at exotic finds.
astral_firn
Forum Follower

Post by astral_firn »

that link didnt work...sorry about that, i guess im not sure how to do that on aquabid
hamish99
Obsessed!!

Post by hamish99 »

if he's selling dodgy zebs then wtf are you doing astral????
sounds like your tring to rip people off all over, i think you full of it, but thats MOA!!

http://www.aquabid.com/forum/forum.cgi? ... egory=cafe
astral_firn
Forum Follower

Post by astral_firn »

i dont care what jojoy says, they werenot "bulldog zebras" hes the one that was full of it
n00dl3
Obsessed!!

Post by n00dl3 »

IMO, once you have taken the fish from the seller hand, the fish is the buyer responsibility. You could've checked the fish during the exchange. If you didn't check during the exchange then that is the buyer irresponsibility, therefore, the buyer is at fault. So take your lost and suck it up like a man... or whine like a spoil lil girl.

Astral,

I thought you have a wild breeding group of zebras... what happen to them... and why you need more.....

Because I know I talked to you about it and I believed you offered October and Cichlid_Baby the same group... but in the end you didn't sell to any of us... so I guess you didn't have the group... hmmm....

well, that is my 2 cents...
Last edited by n00dl3 on Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hamish99
Obsessed!!

Post by hamish99 »

you say "even though i am new to zebras" but your selling fry,
i detect some brown smelly stuff,
astral_firn
Forum Follower

Post by astral_firn »

i bought a group of juvies from blue in NJ, the breeding group isnt working out, i got lucky once, nothing since. but im still trying. i didnt sell because i was tired of evewryone calling me a fraud, so i will keep them. now i will only sell on ebay,and tank paypal. that way, the buyer is covered as well as me. i have taken the loss, by the way. but i still cancelled the cheek, i dont care what you or anyone else thinks about it. he gave me sick if, he got 500.00 buck......end of story on my part.
Pete
Obsessed!!

Post by Pete »

Oh boy. You cancelled the check? Sounds like fraud to me.

It's a shame - if Paletka had come here first we could've warned him.

Those fry did not suddenly die 2 hours later because they were supposedly sick when you received them - the chances that happened would have to be about one in a zillion. Sick fish don't live for days, and weeks, and then all suddenly succumb to their illness within a couple hours of each other.

IIRC, you're the same clown who supposedly had zebras living in cups because your tank allegedly cracked and you couldn't afford $10 to buy a 10 gallon tank. The same clown who has feedback from hell on plenty of transactions. The same clown who advertises fish for sale and backs out of the transaction - and apparently the same clown who bids on items and fails to pay for them.

Personally I doubt the fish died at all. And if they did I'll bet it was because you didn't deal with them correctly. Or, of course, maybe you'd already killed some other fry and now you want to sting a seller by pulling the old switcharoo.
It's not an illusion, it just looks like one.
hamish99
Obsessed!!

Post by hamish99 »

he forgets walls have ears and we all have eyes, that's why i looked up his screen name and came up with all sorts of sh#t so take your BS else where mate, people like your not needed in the zeb or the fish keeping community, but thats just MOA.
tirzo13
Groupie

Post by tirzo13 »

i dont' know, i would not meet someone in a parking lot for just a few seconds and give alot of money while barely looking at the fish.

zebra are expensive fish, at least for me, not something i would do on the fly.
i believe the seller is in chicago, you won the bid, alot of stuff to do in Chicago, you could have made a day out of it, gone to Shedd, then picked up the fish on the way home.

Its just crazy to me that someone would throw down that kind of money without really looking at the fish.
I don't know how far wisconsin is to chicago, but i would have drove to his place to see his fry and the parents.
if you did not want to pick up at his place like his aquabid ad requested you should not have made the purchase.

Interesting that both your sales and purchases have some kind of drama attached to both of them.
I'm trying to understand both sides here, not blame either one, but something is not right.
tirzo13
Groupie

Post by tirzo13 »

There seems to be so much issue with buying and selling zebras.
guess i was lucky no drama with the trio I purchased, and i'm still looking for more.
When mine start to breed, if ever, i think i will just take them to my cichlid dealer friends and have them deal with selling them, or just sell them to people i know.
It should not be so crazy.

save money.
look for fish.
find fish.
examine fish.
like or dislike fish.
pay for fish or walk away.
watch fish in tank, or save more money.
be happy.