Found Zebras for $80 in Canada

If you are a private seller, then why not give this a shot? It's free and might even have some of those zebra thingies! You can also post requests for exchanging or loaning fish. Please refrain from posting opinions or irrelevancies in this section.

Zebrapleco.com can not take ANY responsibility for items advertised or sold in this section as they are free classifieds. Members not following the Forum Rules however will have their Posts deleted.

jerms55555
Obsessed!!

Found Zebras for $80 in Canada

Post by jerms55555 »

Here is the website http://www.gsaquaticinc.com. They say they have them for $80....Don't know if they do, since i don't live in Canada, this doesn't help me out :? . But if any of the other members live in Canada or want to ask if they ship to the states then give them a call to see if they do... :P

Jeremy
wandj
Obsessed!!

Post by wandj »

I bought my Zebras from them a long time ago for CAN$40 each. Very cheap. Their supplier is the famous Mr. Bob Roberts who was the first credited Zebra breeder. He was living in St. Albert/Edmonton...only 1.5hrs drive away from me. He was selling his stock to gs aquatics, but last I heard, they were sold out because I bought them all (24 at the time). I have lost 4 for unknown reasons, but all the rest are still doing fine. I think they were all captive bred or older wild stock.
GS did not have any for a long time, but maybe they have more now. Maybe Roberts has released some for sale, but I know there is a waiting list.
Skye
Groupie

Post by Skye »

ok, did some homework for you jerms...

they sell them right now for $80 CDN but are out of stock due to demand. The Guy at GS Aquatic wont sex them for people, but he does ship to the US. he says you may need to purchace an import permit from US Fish & Wildlife (about $55 USD), however he had a customer who told him that the US F&W changed thier policy. apparently you can now get away w/o the permit if a) you are a private hobbyist, not a retail store and b) you order less than 8 fish per time. however, he suggested we contact US F&W to confirm. if you wnat any of them from him, he asks that we email him what we want and contact info (ie location and phone number). he normally gets them in quite young, from what i could tell... so if youre looking for mature, he's prolly not the guy. anyhow... i hope this helps. if you have any other questions, you can ask me, or phone him (his name is Sunday, and his number is on the link you posted)

Hope This Helps!!

as ever, Skye
Skye
Groupie

Post by Skye »

this might help...http://www.fws.gov/